Droid "Swipe to unlock"

iwinuluz

Reaction score
after the android 2.0.1 update once my phone unlocks you must now swipe to one side to unlock phone. Remember when you used to swipe in the "half circle" ? yeah i want that half circle swipe BACK. i have looked at what i feel is almost every option on the phone not finding the option to switch it back. could someone please tell me how to switch it back? I mean since Droid "DOES" everything else, hopefully it can do this for me.

Thanks for your time,

Jason

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think this is possible unless you restore to 2.0 or root your phone

jasonb

Reaction score
there is an app you can download from the market that lets you design your own lockscreen. one of the skins is the old half circle swipe.

OP
iwinuluz

iwinuluz

Reaction score
great so your telling me droid can do it all Except give me oldswipe design back lol cant win them all i guess

snowman

Reaction score
Jason told you how to do it?
most anything is done with apps

OP
iwinuluz

iwinuluz

Reaction score
L
there is an app you can download from the market that lets you design your own lockscreen. one of the skins is the old half circle swipe.

name of app please

snowman

Reaction score
I tried pretty hard to find it no luck for me?
if you see it let please let Us know

ytwokc5

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? I can create a custom lock pattern with the built in Android "unlock pattern". Under "Location and security settings", "Screen unlock pattern", just click "Require pattern", or "Change unlock pattern" if you already have one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was discussed to death after 2.0.1 first came out. I'm sorry OP, it's not that hard to get use to. I don't even think twice about the half circle swipe anymore. I really find it kind of hard to believe someone is still complaining about this.

And as the poster above me points out you can root your phone I guess, if it bothers you that much.

KABOOKIE

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the other half of the swipe lock to "vibrate" instead of "mute" all sounds and notifications?

lovekmats

Reaction score
I wish the xUltimate patch just kept it at silent rather than switching it to vibrate :(, then I would definitely go back to the old swipe to unlock. Honestly, though, the new swipe to unlock isn't even bad, I just liked that the old one was a half circle.