touchscreen goes apeshiat

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance gang, but this puppy is borked. I'm going to take it back to the VZW store for a new one. I did a factory reset and while I was trying to activate it, the dialpad started entering numbers randomly. I ended up re-setting my roaming before I could get it activated. Then later when I tried to use the calculator, it would pop in extra digits and refuse to let me press clear. It still tries to install widgets unasked, etc. Methinks this is a hardware problem.

Killick
:reddroid:

Methinks it's haunted. :shocked: Time for a replacement from the way it sounds... Let us know what happens and good luck!

OP
killick

killick

Reaction score
This droid has been cherished and coddled like a holy relic. It has never been damp or wet and I have never dropped it. I can't get to the vzw store until Thursday but I hope they'll correct the situation right away.

Killick

OP
killick

killick

Reaction score
apeshiat droid replaced

Hi guys. I got a break in my calendar and the fine folks at the VZW store replaced my droid. Happy!

Thanks for the advice. You guys are great.

killick

CJ WaZzy

Reaction score
Same problem

I have a phone that just started doing the same thing yesterday, bought mid-December. It now spontaneously stopped entering random screen input and now the left 1/3 of the screen won't work. Has anyone figured out why it does this? Is it still too late to take back to Verizon?

OP
killick

killick

Reaction score
I don't know why this happened to me or you. I don't know what the warranty is but the droid is useless if you can't depend on it working. I would take it back for repair or replacement asap. Good luck, CJ WaZzy.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Mine is doing this too. I have done the factory reset several times. I can trace the start of the problem back to when the phone got some drops of water on the screen while it was raining a few months ago. Since then it has gotten worse, and now the phone is barely usable. I'm going to VZW in the morning to swap it out after I get it unrooted.