droid soft touch buttons app

JimHarr18

Reaction score
sorry if this has been answered before. i was wondering if there's an app that would allow me to turn off the backlight on the soft touch buttons on my droid. reason i would want this was for the media dock, which i love. i love that you can dim the screen.... but it drives me crazy that the 4 soft touch buttons stay lit up. that fact that the lights don't dim makes me think it's not possible, but i thought i would ask anyways.

OP
J

JimHarr18

Reaction score
not rooted, don't really plan to be. phone stock does more than i need it to. lol. thanks for the reply.

lino

Reaction score
Turn your phone off and place it in the dock. The phone will boot up with the led for the soft keys off! The only problem is they wont work (soft keys or manual keypad) when removed from dock until next boot. So it is kind of a pain two boots a day/night.

akambience

Reaction score
better yet, download the Screen Filter app. (free) in the settings, it will give you the option to disable the backlight of the soft keys.

bilallucky

Reaction score
One thing that you can do is, on one of the three home screens click and hold down to add a new widget. There is a built in widget that is called 'Power Control', add this widget to the screen. This allows quick control over some of the less power friendly items on the phone.