Is there a way to repurpose the camera button?

jismail

Reaction score
I come from the PPC world and I have an app (AEButtons) that lets you remap the devices buttons.

I would like to remap the camera button to a "Call answer" button that I can use while I am driving and ony have a sense of touch available (instead of having to dink around with the slide bar)

Is there an app or way to modify the camera button to a different purpose - even if it is by doing a long or doubble click?

holee

Reaction score
I've been looking to do the same thing.

So far I haven't found a solution.

This app claims it did so, but when I tried it, it kept crashing my Droid.

Button Shortcut v1.0.2 Application for Android | Tools

The thing is, I know this is possible. I accidentally rebound my camera button key to Handcut SMS over the weekend. I download Handcut, I think my phone crashed from something else, and after that point on the camera button would always load up Handcut SMS!

The camera still worked. I just had to load it up by software.

Better yet, the camera button didn't just load up Handcut, it loaded up the create new sms/mms window.

But....I haven't been able to duplicate it. And no one else seems to have run into this glitch. And unfortunately, I had to do a hard reboot of my phone as some unsupported apps later that evening ended up causing it to lock up.

I haven't found an app or resource that's been able to do this intentionally on the Droid.

:-(

But I really hope someone comes up with an app for this.

ujhony03

Reaction score
bump. Im looking for similar functionality.

actually i just installed Button Shortcut. This works perfectly.
NOTE: After you program it you have to hold down the camara button for it to launch the application. You can't just do a simple click