a questions re: answering calls

m00nbeast

Reaction score
My boss just got the Motorola Droid and did the swipe to answer thing over and over as we tested it ... the call went to voice mail. This has nothing to do with using the phone while driving, btw.

She had to use both hands to ATTEMPT answering the phone (one to hold the phone and the other to swipe - which is short-sighted IMO) and still couldn't do it because the multiples wipes took too long.

It's a pretty frustrating process. Reassigning a button to answer when ringing would be ideal. Not sure who thought having to use two hands to answer a phone was a good idea. :icon_rolleyes:

Please come out with a workable solution soon.

jajones20

Reaction score
swipe to answer

This is in answer to nuguy, who said a swipe right sents to voicemail, and a swipe left answers.

What phone are you using? What you wrote is not correct for the Droid; a swipe to the left (green button) does nothing. Swipe to the right answers. In fact, as you swipe, the message "Drag right to answer" appears.

Last edited:

droid699

Reaction score
This needs to be fixed!

Just got my Droid a couple days ago and one of the first things I looked for is another way to answer it. Why don't we have the choice of a single button? I understand why some people don't want a single button but it should definitely be an option! Hopefully they are working on this because the current solution just doesn't work.

bnaguy

Reaction score
they do need to have voice dial with bluetooth. my problem with the blank screen is sometimes i have to unlock it to hang up or it stays blank and i have to hit the power button to get screen back.

deadernie

Reaction score
The flick to answer is really annoying and unsafe. However,It is much much worse to talk to a person in the car next to you*

I find it quite dangerous to talk to the person In the car next to me. And it gets really hard to hear them when you get above 30mph or so. However if you keep the windows up and the stereo down the person riding with you in your car can usually hear you fine.

fcsimmons

Reaction score
Answering calls on the Droid

I had the same problem when I first got my Droid last week. Grab your home phone or another cell phone and call your Droid phone to practice answering calls. It doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

Morgansmommy

Reaction score
I too have this problem and it is annoying. I have been sitting in my office when a call comes in and I try to slide the bar to answer the call with no success. I have had this happen with the screen protector on and with it off. In the car is not a problem because I have my bluetooth earpiece. I certainly don't want to have to walk around all day with that in my ear.

jajones20

Reaction score
I had that problem with the original Droid and solved it with Tedd's Phone Tools, a free app that puts a touch button on the home screen for answering. It also lets you answer with the camera button. But with my Galaxy Nexus, swiping works perfectly.

Morgansmommy

Reaction score
Thank you!

H
I had that problem with the original Droid and solved it with Tedd's Phone Tools, a free app that puts a touch button on the home screen for answering. It also lets you answer with the camera button. But with my Galaxy Nexus, swiping works perfectly.

Thank you so much. It works!!