Droid Shut Down - Remove Battery To Start

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
HAs anyone experienced this.. specially today.. My droid was sitting on my desk. Next Time I looked it was completely dead. I thought the battery was dead but I plugged it in a charger and it would not turn on. I had to remove the battery and turn it back on..
Has anyone had this happen. I have had it restart it self before but this was a first for me

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HAs anyone experienced this.. specially today.. My droid was sitting on my desk. Next Time I looked it was completely dead. I thought the battery was dead but I plugged it in a charger and it would not turn on. I had to remove the battery and turn it back on..
Has anyone had this happen. I have had it restart it self before but this was a first for me

Many people have reported having to do a battery pull on some occasions. It's out of the normal with Droid, more common with Blackberry but it does happen.

How often has your phone reset on you? You may have an app that's not getting along with your Droid. If this happens frequently then I would recommend doing a complete restore of your Droids settings and load your apps back in one at a time to see if you can find the problem app.

Also if you're using anything like Advance Task Killer it may be a good idea to get rid of that. It can cause problems.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
The restarts are not the frequent. Not to worry about once in a few months.

I do Have advanced Task Killer ..I have not seen people reporting problems with it before.. I just like it because its an easy way to shut down apps.

imiller913

Reaction score

Many people have reported having to do a battery pull on some occasions. It's out of the normal with Droid, more common with Blackberry but it does happen.

How often has your phone reset on you? You may have an app that's not getting along with your Droid. If this happens frequently then I would recommend doing a complete restore of your Droids settings and load your apps back in one at a time to see if you can find the problem app.

Also if you're using anything like Advance Task Killer it may be a good idea to get rid of that. It can cause problems.

This happend to me a couple of times both with and without ATK.

MysteryHours

Reaction score
This happened to me just now... went to wake up my Droid and it was completely dead. Removed and replaced the battery and it booted up without problem. It definitely didn't die from low battery... hope this doesn't become a recurring problem.

atomzd

Reaction score
My phone is 1 month old and i've had to do about 6 battery pulls to get it to power on. In every instance, after putting the battery back in and powering on, i had 30% or more battery left. This is a pain in the ass with the cover I'm using as it's not super easy to remove, and I worry that with each removal, the snugness of its fit will diminish.

Hoping for a post here about a software update that fixes this issue or perhaps I should just attempt to get mine replaced at a VZW store, even though I get the impression a new one could very well exhibit the same issue.

drummerq

Reaction score
ive had my phone for two months,

in the beggining it happened a handful of times, but it really stopped, happended to me again last week, but im fine with it happening as long as it doesnt happen every day or week.

from what i understand it has to do with how much you download and using to much cpu

bizfox

Reaction score
The only thing that caused my Droid to shut down twice randomly was the JuiceDefender app. After uninstalling it, the problems went away. Just my .02.

ripstar

Reaction score
This has happend to me a lot lately. Kinda frustrating. Also have been having problems with some calls. Yes I leave it to my ear. the screen won't come on when I remove it and it is still on the call.

Ludalee

Reaction score
I hit the top button to lock my phone, set it in my desk drawer at work, went to hit the top button to unlock and there was nothing. I tried to hold it for a little to power it back up, still nothing, I was freaking...so I pulled the battery, put it back in, then powered it back up...Seems to be working okay at this time. but WTF happened and how do I prevent it from happening again?

After my phone did restart it said my SD Memory card widget had to force close...I wonder if that App caused the problem.

Thanks in advance

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hit the top button to lock my phone, set it in my desk drawer at work, went to hit the top button to unlock and there was nothing. I tried to hold it for a little to power it back up, still nothing, I was freaking...so I pulled the battery, put it back in, then powered it back up...Seems to be working okay at this time. but WTF happened and how do I prevent it from happening again?

After my phone did restart it said my SD Memory card widget had to force close...I wonder if that App caused the problem.

Thanks in advance

There are lots and lots of possibilities as to "WTF happened" and no answer to "how do (you) prevent it in the future." It happens. Just as your computer has to be rebooted from time to time for reasons that are difficult to isolate, the same is true of that computer you're carrying around in your pocket.

Want a phone where it won't happen? Go to Verizon and ask them for a "dumbphone."