Droid came on with no battery

dgonz

Reaction score
Yesterday I was sitting in my truck with my Droid plugged into the car charger watching some video online. The screen froze up and nothing was working so I decided to pull the battery out thinking this would kill the phone.

I pulled the battery and nothing happened...I was amazed haha so I unplugged it and immediately it died. I then plugged the phone in no battery and hit power and it booted up. Has anyone else tried this? I haven't tried with my wall charger yet, but it would seem that the car charger is powerful enough to keep the droid on. :blink:

I thought it was interesting, has anyone else tried this? I didn't see that it had been discussed.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Yea I have done the same thing lol. Oh and yea it does the same with a wall charger. Pretty cool aint it?

iPirate

Reaction score
The charger must be powerful enough to power the phone and charge the battery or when you went to charge the battery it would not charge.

Reaction score
I guess it's interesting. But can't see why I would ever need to do this. Also, I haven't seen the battery since the day I got my phone. About two months and no battery pulls. yay me.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Want to see a real trip? Try turning or keeping the phone OFF while it's plugged into a charger. Even with no battery, as soon as it sees power, it turns on and boots up.

Reaction score
My gf would have killed for this ability. She dropped her sprint dumb phone in a store and the battery came out out the back and slid under a large store fixture. The employees tried to help her fish it out to no avail. She went five days with no phone before her new battery showed up. I told her mine worked with no battery, just a power cord. Needless to say she did not like it when I was smiling telling her this and saying "Droid Does".

Nblufire12

Reaction score
My gf would have killed for this ability. She dropped her sprint dumb phone in a store and the battery came out out the back and slid under a large store fixture. The employees tried to help her fish it out to no avail. She went five days with no phone before her new battery showed up. I told her mine worked with no battery, just a power cord. Needless to say she did not like it when I was smiling telling her this and saying "Droid Does".

Damn you gotta girlfriend. Nice