Droid replacement

mcmm

Reaction score
My son has the original Droid and we are withing 4 months of the end of our contract. His phone seems to be possessed. When it is working it will randomly call people or just text letters. You can only see part of the screen. We need a replacement phone till the end of the contract because we are not sure we will stay with Verizon and do not want to extend our contract at this point until we have checked into our options. My question is where can we get a replacement phone and if we do that will we have any problem activating it? Does he need to replace it with another original Droid or can he replace it with another Droid or other phone in the Verizon line? Hope someone can help me with this soon because I am not sure how much longer his phone is going to last. And you know how us mothers are, we want to be able to talk to our kids!!! LOL

It will have to be a Verizon phone with no Sim card, i might be wrong about the Sim card. You should have no problem activating it, dial *228 and follow directions. I would look at swappa.com or check craigslist or even ebay, just be careful there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You can replace it with any phone, as long as it's a cdma phone. That's the only way it will work on verizon. Have you tried to factory reset the phone? The original droid I have doesn't have the stock software anymore, but I can load it back to walk you through it. Personally, I would try to reset the phone before I bought another one.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

The replies made me realize that I don't know how to do a hard reset. I found this page that explains how to do it if the phone is working at all:
How to Hard Reset a Motorola Droid | eHow.com

It's a lot easier than holding the x key while standing on one foot and singing "Dixie" for 30 seconds.

Back