Got another droid for my dad

lord273kelvin

Reaction score
I had my droid since November and my dad's been drooling all over my phone because of its awesomeness. Couple of days ago, his samsung trance broke into many pieces after accidentally dropping it on the floor. Since he needed a new replacement phone, we decided to upgrade it to droid...

so I talked to the verizon rep on the phone and he was very helpful, giving me couple of options for the upgrade:

1. new droid without contract for $559
  2. recertified preowned droid without contract for $290
  3. new droid with a 2 yr contract (new line) for $200
option #1 was way too much for me so I was going between #2 and #3, but ended up choosing #2 because in the long run, I would have to pay additional $10 for 24 months which totals to: 240+200=$440 :icon_eek:

Did I make a good deal? I tried to convince my dad to wait near the end of the month for HTC N1 & Incredible but he wouldn't listen..he said he'd be more than happy with motodroid :huh:

ulandy09

Reaction score

Champers

Reaction score
I had my droid since November and my dad's been drooling all over my phone because of its awesomeness. Couple of days ago, his samsung trance broke into many pieces after accidentally dropping it on the floor. Since he needed a new replacement phone, we decided to upgrade it to droid...

so I talked to the verizon rep on the phone and he was very helpful, giving me couple of options for the upgrade:

1. new droid without contract for $559
  2. recertified preowned droid without contract for $290
  3. new droid with a 2 yr contract (new line) for $200
option #1 was way too much for me so I was going between #2 and #3, but ended up choosing #2 because in the long run, I would have to pay additional $10 for 24 months which totals to: 240+200=$440 :icon_eek:

Did I make a good deal? I tried to convince my dad to wait near the end of the month for HTC N1 & Incredible but he wouldn't listen..he said he'd be more than happy with motodroid :huh:

Haha, $440....try $1160. Data plans are mandatory!