Droid 2yr contract help

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, with all the new updates recently, I showed my Dad my Droid and he actually showed some interest. He said he wouldn't mind upgrading if it didn't cost him a lot more per month.

So my question is, I don't pay for my phone bill, so I don't know how much it cost, but he currently has a Razor, with most likely the bare minimum phone payment. If he was to do one of the 2 year contract deals, how much will he most likely have to pay more per month to have the droid with internet access and some VERY light texting.

My step father pays for mine and said it was only about 10 more dollars a month for mine, but I may have already had like unlimited texting and whatnot.

Also if possible, what's the smartest way to upgrade right now to the Droid, I've seen a couple buy 1 get 1 free and $20/$50 droids with 2 year contracts.

Really appreciate the info guys, trying to persuade the dad to join the Droid crew.

Last edited:

sc4fpse

Reaction score
If he has a RAZR, the biggest jump in price will be for the required data plan, which is $30 extra per month. If he's on a barebones plan, that's going to be quite an increase. Add on another $5/$10 per month for 500 text messages (I can't remember how much it is -- I don't text.).

Jumping from a "dumb" phone like the RAZR to the Droid will cost you. That's the exact move that I did, but I can't imagine going back. The grass was indeed greener on the Droid's side. :) Loved my RAZRs though... all 3 of them.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the data plan is what will be costing him? Gotcha, so most likely he's looking at a $30 increase in monthly billing.

Thanks for the info, anymore info is appreciated.

Kack

Reaction score
There is about a 35 to 40 $ jump in all dpending on adding texts. but it is so worth it. it was a shock when my wife and i made the plunge but hell whats one less night out a month for adding an addiction to my life.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree it's worth it, but he's not going to use most of the Droid's features, so I'm trying to see what the minimum increase will be.