Getting my husband a Droid...

porterbl1

Reaction score
I have a question for you all. My husband upgraded to a new phone through Verizon a few months before the Droid came out. He liked his phone until I got my Droid. Now he wants one, and I do not blame him.

My question is: If we add a new line to our plan can we get a droid at the contract renewal price? We would use his phone for our daughter.

Actually though I do not want my 11 yr old daughter to have a smart phone, so could we also switch his number to our old basic flip phone for her?

I hope all this was clear. :) Thanks for any help.
-Becca

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stopping by a store or calling Verizon would give you the definite answer, but it seems like if your daughter has not gotten a new phone then she can get his current one and he can get a new one instead of her.

If the internet is your concern about smart phones for your daughter:
There also is an app that password protects whatever applications you want so they can't be opened. That would let you leave the facebook app, games, calculators, email, calendar, maps, gtalk, etc functioning but block out web browsers, the market and any other ones you don't deem suitable for your 11 yr old.

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
Thank you, Chris for that. What is the name of the app?

Verizon has the Droid on buy one get one free right now. Does anyone know if it has to go to someone in my household? Would we have to pay for internet/email on it to get it or could we give it to someone else who has Verizon?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your husband is willing to wait a few days you may want to check Amazon. Saturday, they were selling the Droid for $19.99. There was information for extending contracts for current customers.

Mike