DROID RAZR MAXX HD Jelly Bean next week :)

robdec17

Reaction score
Looks like they will start rolling out Jelly Bean next week to the Maxx HD

UPDATE – Friday, Nov. 30: DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola are the next smartphones to be upgraded to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. The software upgrade will be pushed out to customers in phases starting next week. Customers can visit the support page for more information about the Jelly Bean upgrade.

Droid Razr M - Android Jelly Bean

jgmecarter

Reaction score
It is good to see verizon pushing out timely updates to a couple of phones. They need to do this with their other phones as well.

OP
R

robdec17

Reaction score
It is good to see verizon pushing out timely updates to a couple of phones. They need to do this with their other phones as well.

That's why I have a Maxx HD. Got tired of waiting for an official ICS for my Thunderbolt that was promised to us back in September.

Do you guys think we will need to remove root to get the Jelly Bean update OTA ?

djspy

Reaction score
No. The update will unroot your phone for you :p I'm not rooted so I'm not worried about keeping root. But maybe you can use that voodoo root keeper app to maintain root after the update.

AirJunky

Reaction score
My Maxx HD shipped with 4.0.4 on it already. And I love how much simplier & more flexible it is than ICW.

It sounds like what VZW is pushing is version 4.1.x. Heres a few notes on the improvements from 4.0 to 4.1.

"Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android."

I checked but it didn't show up as available yet. But sounds like it's gonna be cool. :p

OP
R

robdec17

Reaction score
The above post confused me. All the Maxx HD's shipped with ICS 4.04.

4.0.4 - ICS
4.1 = Jelly Bean