Droid Razr M/Jelly Bean 4.2

adam355

Reaction score
KaChow,

Thanks for the link to forum. That's the first time I have read anything related to Motorola release of JB-4.2 on any device.

Personally, doesn't make any sense to me, because JB-4.2 (from my perspective) really would not offer much in the way of enhancements.
My money is on Motorola skipping over JB-4.2 and going straight to KLP-4.2.2 (Key Lime Pie).
I have read the M and the i should get OTA to KLP-4.2.2 possibly beginning in Q3 of this year.
Read some time Nov of last year that Razr X would be first Moto to get KLP (my money says X will really be a M-HD, and still assume it would either run JB-4.1 or KLP-4.2.2, but not JB-4.2).
Just my humble perspectives ...

Good news, our M's are scheduled for update through at least KLP.
Regards,

4.2.2 is already out dude and its still Jelly bean. We have no idea what key lime will be yet

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
KLP will be 5.0...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Kenshai

Reaction score
Aren't lock screen widgets part of 4.2? Dashclock is pretty nice to have.

Spey

Reaction score
Well now ..., 4.1.2 just pushed to my RAZR-M this morning. Seems install went fine and running now.
Its not 4.2, but 2nd upgrade since original release of this phone.

Sent from my XT907

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol no, fact = fact. The next JB update is rumored (and shown) to be 4.3. KLP will be 5.0.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Spey

Reaction score
Google still working on Android JB-4.3 (Server Log for Nexus-7 Build/JWR23B). KLP-5.0 may still be some time out.

Sent from XT907 via Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Delayed sure, but as you said 5.0 is KLP. ;)

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Spey

Reaction score
With all the new releases announced this week at Google I/O, it's a bit more understandable why we'll be waiting for KLP a little longer than originally anticipated.

Sent from XT907 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

KaChow

Reaction score
If anyone is interested there is a KLP version 5.0.1 beta 2 floating around on YouTube, there is a mention of a Beta 3. But, I have not seen this. In fact I have the beta 2 ROM, on my computer. Looks like whoever uploaded it, did so with what looks like 4.2.2 Gapps. But the ROM seems to be KLP.

If anyone is interested in looking at the ROM, here it is, KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT FLASHABLE. KLP 5.0.1