Droid Razr M/Jelly Bean 4.2

loopyloops

Reaction score
I've searched and can't find it (here, google, etc.). Does anyone know if the Droid Razr M will Jelly Bean 4.2?

Happy New Year!!

Spey

Reaction score
What is there in 4.2 that appeals to you ...?
From what I've read, the only thing of interest to me is Photo Sphere. We already have DLNA, Swype, NFC, Google Now. Most of what 4.2 is said to offer is already running on my M on JB-4.1. I think 4.2 is more taylored for devices that are lacking, as compared to what's already available to the M.

4.2 would be the second update to this phone, Razr-i is running 4.1, and I've read Razr M-HD may be released running 4.1 ... I don't think 4.2 has enough device-benefit to the M for Motorola to invest in the cost of another incremental OTA release (soak time, OTA Deployment, etc.).

I think the significant question will be; will Motorola give the M users Key Lime Pie as OTA option? I hope the 2012 Google acquisition of Motorola Mobility (handheld phones lines) see fit to continue the Razr line into the future and not vest into "Google Phones" and ignoring future support of the existing Razr line!

Last edited:
OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
What is there in 4.2 that appeals to you ...?
From what I've read, the only thing of interest to me is Photo Sphere. We already have DLNA, Swype, NFC, Google Now. Most of what 4.2 is said to offer is already running on my M on JB-4.1. I think 4.2 is more taylored for devices that are lacking, as compared to what's already available to the M.

4.2 would be the second update to this phone, Razr-i is running 4.1, and I've read Razr M-HD may be released running 4.1 ... I don't think 4.2 has enough device-benefit to the M for Motorola to invest in the cost of another incremental OTA release (soak time, OTA Deployment, etc.).

I think the significant question will be; will Motorola give the M users Key Lime Pie (v5.0) as OTA option. I hope the 2012 Google acquisition of Motorola Mobility (handheld phones lines) see fit to continue the Razr line into the future and not vest into "Google Phones" and ignoring future support of the existing Razr line!

Thank you! Nothing in particular - thanks for the info - I no longer feel I need it :)

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol! Nice response spey.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The M doesn't have a gyroscope, so it can't use Photosphere anyway. :tongue:

Spey

Reaction score
KaChow,

Your link also says the proposed Razr M HD would probably release with 4.1, same as everything I have read ...? The OP asked about potential to get 4.2 on M.

Last edited:

KaChow

Reaction score
KaChow,

Your link also says the proposed Razr M HD would probably release with 4.1, same as everything I have read ...? The OP asked about potential to get 4.2 on M.

That is what I have read either a 4.1 or 4.2. As far as the OP's original question of the potential of 4.2, please refer to post #2.

Spey

Reaction score
KaChow,

Thanks for the link to forum. That's the first time I have read anything related to Motorola release of JB-4.2 on any device.

Personally, doesn't make any sense to me, because JB-4.2 (from my perspective) really would not offer much in the way of enhancements.
My money is on Motorola skipping over JB-4.2 and going straight to KLP-4.2.2 (Key Lime Pie).
I have read the M and the i should get OTA to KLP-4.2.2 possibly beginning in Q3 of this year.
Read some time Nov of last year that Razr X would be first Moto to get KLP (my money says X will really be a M-HD, and still assume it would either run JB-4.1 or KLP-4.2.2, but not JB-4.2).
Just my humble perspectives ...

Good news, our M's are scheduled for update through at least KLP.
Regards,