Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

The alarm woke me up to ICS update, its aawesome, havent had time to plsy with it yet..

Never got a message saying I'm going to get ics soon I know I get it I have a RAZR Max just think its funny that some people got that message and some people didn't

Got the notification last night at around 1700. ICS update was waiting for me first thing in the morning. :)

Never got a message saying I'm going to get ics soon I know I get it I have a RAZR Max just think its funny that some people got that message and some people didn't

It appears the message is going out to people who are about to receive it. Since Motorola sends the update out in random waves (not everyone gets it at once because it would overload the servers), that means that sometime in the next week or so, you'll get the message shortly before you're able to download and install the update.

ICS - Detroit

ICS - Detroit, not yet and it's hot today! Need some ICS, and yes for all of you that keep hitting the System Updates option, you're not alone... I too have been checking for the past few days... Still getting that dreadful: "Your Device is up to Date!"

It's like a disease... I can't stop... Why? Why do I keep checking for the update? How many of us are crazy?

I'm here in NC and its hot as hell this weekend (100°+)!! I need some Ice Cream bad!! Has anyone out there received the update yet?

No MAXXation without representation!

I'm here in NC and its hot as hell this weekend (100°+)!! I need some Ice Cream bad!! Has anyone out there received the update yet?

Several people have. The update rolls out in waves, and those who are included in the waves are completely random. It has nothing to do with location, plan, purchase date, or anything else. You could have two RAZRs in the same house, and one might get the update a week before the other.

bsweetness said:
Several people have. The update rolls out in waves, and those who are included in the waves are completely random. It has nothing to do with location, plan, purchase date, or anything else. You could have two RAZRs in the same house, and one might get the update a week before the other.

So i guess it's based on system version, huh?

So i guess it's based on system version, huh?

Nope, it's based on IMEI number, but there's no pattern to the selection of which IMEI numbers are included in each wave. It's completely random.

bsweetness said:
Nope, it's based on IMEI number, but there's no pattern to the selection of which IMEI numbers are included in each wave. It's completely random.

Okay cool! I'm off on the 4th so I look forward to having ice cream all day lol! Thanks! :)

It's sad that I keep looking for the ICS update when I didnt think it was that great when I had the Gnex for a few weeks. I think my subconscious is telling me the experience will be better on the Razr.

Mek's Maxx

Any updates? I've read that the soak test is supposedly finished and ICS is being pushed out to the general public... sure seems slow this time, or is it always like this? I remember my last to upgrades were pushed on the day the releases were announced... though maybe the release hasn't been officially announced (other than the soak test announcement masked as a general announcment).

It's sad that I keep looking for the ICS update when I didnt think it was that great when I had the Gnex for a few weeks. I think my subconscious is telling me the experience will be better on the Razr.

Really? I've had ICS on my Xoom for months now and I'm quite happy with it.

I just updated now on my Razr. Guess I have to get used to it but I don't like off the bat no way to turn off background data or toggle 3g/4g...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pico1 said:
I just updated now on my Razr. Guess I have to get used to it but I don't like off the bat no way to turn off background data or toggle 3g/4g...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

For back ground data....check in data usage settings. The menu key has more settings.

And yes there are plenty of mad ppl about no 3g settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Back