Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

.....Has nobody figured out it's a soak test right now? LOL If you didn't sign up for the soak and you got it, someone probably typed in their ID wrong and it happened to be yours. The general public is supposed to start getting it tomorrow, the 27th, barring no complications.

Where did you hear this 27th?

@Rodmenhill ICS has been released for the Razr/Razr Maxx. It is being pushed out in batches. You will receive the update within 2-3 weeks^LA @Rodmenhill It is released in batches by ESN number. No info on who gets it first. We certainly appreciate your patience. ^
These are tweets from Verizon support. I guess we wait. droid

Where did everyone hear that this is a soak test? Can someone post a link to where Verizon says this is for sure a soak test????? If not then stop saying that!

Mek's Maxx

If you signed up for the Motorola User's Forums, then signed up for their feedback program, you'd know this was a soak test. Seek information, and you can generally find it.

mekanism said:
Where did everyone hear that this is a soak test? Can someone post a link to where Verizon says this is for sure a soak test????? If not then stop saying that!

Mek's Maxx

Sir, people have been posting about the soak test all over droid forums. Take a peek through the RAZR ICS subsection and in one of the threads there is photo evidence of emails soak testers go today concerning a survey about their ics experience.

You have to look for this stuff. Verizon is not going to announce a soak because it is supposed to be confidential.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

If you signed up for the Motorola User's Forums, then signed up for their feedback program, you'd know this was a soak test. Seek information, and you can generally find it.

I'm in the forum, and in the feedback program. Nobody said anything about soaking to me. I have even tested previous updates on my Droid X.

I'm in the forum, and in the feedback program. Nobody said anything about soaking to me. I have even tested previous updates on my Droid X.

Just because you're signed up to be a soak tester doesn't meant you'll always be invited to participate in all of them.

Just because you're signed up to be a soak tester doesn't meant you'll always be invited to participate in all of them.

I know that. Read my post along with what I was quoting. jasonwuzthere claims that anyone who was signed up would somehow know for a fact that it's a test.

It's being soaked. Not everyone who signed up got an email letting them know its being soaked.

Sir, people have been posting about the soak test all over droid forums. Take a peek through the RAZR ICS subsection and in one of the threads there is photo evidence of emails soak testers go today concerning a survey about their ics experience.

You have to look for this stuff. Verizon is not going to announce a soak because it is supposed to be confidential.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

I stand corrected, this is indeed a soak test per Motorola's blog.

Read third article from top-
http://www.motorola.com/blog/?redirect=false

Mek's Maxx

I know that. Read my post along with what I was quoting. jasonwuzthere claims that anyone who was signed up would somehow know for a fact that it's a test.

I did read your post along with the one you were quoting before responding, and it came across as not knowing that not everyone who is signed up for the soak test gets invited. Re-reading it now, I can see how it can also be read to convey that you do know that and were saying that not even those signed up always know. The phrasing can be taken either way. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yeah I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. A sign of true intelligence is knowing you don't know and will never know everything!

Mek's Maxx

Back