Droid Incredible closed out

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the news from the Android world keeps coming hot and heavy these days. Just 30 days ago VZw release the Droid Incredible and now judging by this picture

htc-incredible-goner.jpg

It looks as if the HTC Incredible isn't going to be around long. I for one am pretty unhappy about this since I do carry the DI now. My guess is the Moto Droid x and Droid 2 are going to be the flagship devices for VZW until late this year and dual core devices come out. I also think supply problems hurt this awesome device.

Source: AndroidForums.com

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WOW.........can you say Ryan Leaf. They messed that one up bad. People were going crazy with the back orders. Man that is gonna hurt HTC.

xxxsteveoxxx

Reaction score
Glad I cancelled my order. Suck for people that have as there will prob be less support for this handset later on.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if they will still carfe about fixing this issue:

.at15t_email{background-position:0px -4120px}
article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Software
Droid Incredible saves browser screenshots to internal memory, turns into a privacy nightmare?

By Vladislav Savov posted Jun 17th 2010 3:22AM

18diggsdigg June must be the month when privacy issues leave their hibernation and return to trouble our fragile minds. First we had Flash going loco, then AT&T's airwaves exploded with iPad users' email addresses, iPhone 4 pre-orders started sending people to the wrong account, and now this. Boy Genius Report has come across a rather worrying "feature" of the HTC Sense bookmarking widget on the Incredible, which takes sporadic screenshots of your browsing sessions. That wouldn't be so bothersome in itself, but try to remove said pictures, and you find where the problem lies. Ending the browsing session, deleting your history, and even a full reset to factory settings failed to eviscerate the indiscreet imagery. You have to manually discover their location and delete them by hand. Considering the high likelihood of Incredibles being sold and resold for years to come, this could turn the phone into a little cache of treasure for the proactive identity thief. And since it's a Sense issue, it might be affecting other HTC handsets as well. Wunderbar.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Yep, I'm also glad I decided to wait on the Droid X instead of getting the Incredible when my child decided my current Droid wanted to go for a swim in the toilet :icon_eek:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though I doubt a vzw rep is gonna comment on that. I would really like some official info, because unless htc just can not make anymore I would not see why they would do that. People not wanting a huge phone (ie droid x) would definitely want the incredible. The incredible has a place, and I do not think vzw spent the advertising dollars to end the run that quick, especially being that the storm and storm 2 got a longer run.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
this pic has been floating around for a day or so. can anybody with "inside" knowledge independently verify this?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
remember there is an apple suit against htc for this system.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Yep, I'm also glad I decided to wait on the Droid X instead of getting the Incredible when my child decided my current Droid wanted to go for a swim in the toilet :icon_eek:

LMAO @ "current child" lol sounds like you're planning to upgrade your child lol or switch "family" plans LOL

phatkat66

Reaction score
Ooops scratch that LOL dislexia kicked in and switched around some of the words lol i thought you said "current child decided my droid...." lol instead of "child decided my current droid" lol ^_^ still funny lol

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought the suit was against Apple by HTC...I ask a friend in the Verizon store and he says he doesn't believe it will be cancelled....It sells to well and people are still willing to wait even with the 2 and X coming...Guess they don't like Motorola....

justasbc

Reaction score
If this is true, I bet it is because people are using the wifi tether. Verizon just hates it when someone is ablue to USE a phone.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
PC may have found the reason why its being discontinued. The screenshots

Imagine the lawsuits that can pour out of this one. Verizon would be pummeled along with HTC in the courts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk