Droid Incredible closed out

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Yea that makes more sense. The only way I could see them discontinuing it is if something major, drastic happened with HTC.

If it helps, I Hella LOLed, even though I read it just fine. :icon_ banana::greendroid:

rushmore

Reaction score
Folks, the Inc is NOT being discontinued. You folks actually believed this? Some of you that appear to have fallen for this have posted sensible things in the past.... too much beer has clouded your thinking, perhaps? ;)

Two tidbits:

1. Samsung screwed HTC over, since Samsung allocated their production capacity for the super OLED on their new devices. All manufacturers that use OLED have also been screwed. Suppies are just not being caught up, but there is a shipping lag to fill channels back up.

2. Verizon moved up the Motorola devices due to the shortage, since there is a HUGE gap now in the product segment and Verizon did not want to take a chance if another delay happened. Verizon pulled the trigger early and Motorola was MORE than happy to oblige.

Even so, the Inc will be a main device and has sold more than people may realize- in splite of the shortages.

Seriously, you all believed the Inc is already cut? Not a good plan for ROI if it were true. Jeesh.

hawk187

Reaction score

MJ5150

Reaction score
I can type up a document like that and put "DROID by Motorola" on it too. Maybe I'll type up another one saying the iPhone is due to be released in September 2010 for VZW. Then I can post it on these forums and watch people spin out of control.

-Mike

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I can type up a document like that and put "DROID by Motorola" on it too. Maybe I'll type up another one saying the iPhone is due to be released in September 2010 for VZW. Then I can post it on these forums and watch people spin out of control.

-Mike

LOL this is honestly the exact way i see it as well. Anyone can type up that document. I know 10 year olds who can make it look more like an official Verizon document.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, lots of old friends on here!

Just wanted to tell ya, the photo is a fake. No EOL documents internally at VZW. So rest assured it'll get at least a year as is the norm now.

Hey buddy! Good to see you here!

patches152

Reaction score
Thanks, Dave...and everyone else. ChuckZ told me about the article and just wanted to clarify. It's good to see the old friends, not so much some of the knuckle heads...I'm on gchat if anyone wants to catch up or ask me anything. Guess the screen name...

BzB

Reaction score
good look on info, patches, and good to see you on the paying df a visit. lots of the old cb crew over here.

i've been noticing more and more there seems to be some android classism among some android users in regards to manufacturer (moto vs htc). it's almost like some moto users turn their nose up at htc users even though the incredible is a very good android phone and the best available on verizon right now (imo ;)). seems to be driving the spread of this false rumor which is a shame. even on other forums, every thread i've seen on this was started by a moto droid owner lol. luckily it doesn't seem like most android users feel/act like this.

however, if it were true, it might be kind of cool to have limited edition awesomeness like the incredible. :cool:

bluedust

Reaction score
Folks, the Inc is NOT being discontinued. You folks actually believed this? Some of you that appear to have fallen for this have posted sensible things in the past.... too much beer has clouded your thinking, perhaps? ;)

Two tidbits:

1. Samsung screwed HTC over, since Samsung allocated their production capacity for the super OLED on their new devices. All manufacturers that use OLED have also been screwed. Suppies are just not being caught up, but there is a shipping lag to fill channels back up.

2. Verizon moved up the Motorola devices due to the shortage, since there is a HUGE gap now in the product segment and Verizon did not want to take a chance if another delay happened. Verizon pulled the trigger early and Motorola was MORE than happy to oblige.

Even so, the Inc will be a main device and has sold more than people may realize- in splite of the shortages.

Seriously, you all believed the Inc is already cut? Not a good plan for ROI if it were true. Jeesh.

Let it be cut, it's worthless next to the new droids.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
IF Moto woulda made a regular size slate phone, I could maybe see your point. Everybody doesnt want a phone that big, and everybody doesnt want a physical keyboard.

huskur

Reaction score
IF Moto woulda made a regular size slate phone, I could maybe see your point. Everybody doesnt want a phone that big, and everybody doesnt want a physical keyboard.

I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately the way phones are made is by what <50% of the public want. They are not worried about what the minority thinks. Personally, i would love to have a 5" screen. The larger the better. I have large hands so the size (at least for me) is not an issue.

The droid X looks awesome and i would love to have it but i know later this year the dual cores will be out. May just go ahead and get the Droid X and then use my wife's upgrade for the next one and pass the X on to her. We'll see

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone connected to verizons networks would be making anymore 3g devices when 4g is right around the corner. The incredible closeout doesn't surprise me either. With so many prime considering buying out of their contacts to pick up an evo...you don't see them doing that for an incredible.