Droid Incredible closed out

patches152

Reaction score
Hey, lots of old friends on here!

Just wanted to tell ya, the photo is a fake. No EOL documents internally at VZW. So rest assured it'll get at least a year as is the norm now.

brando56894

Reaction score
Wow that sucks, my friend is probably going to be pissed since I told him to get a droid when his contract with his envy 2 was up and he said he was gonna get a bb curve since it was free because and he got the incredible instead.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Just wanted to tell ya, the photo is a fake. No EOL documents internally at VZW. So rest assured it'll get at least a year as is the norm now.
Thanks for the info patches. Good to see you here.

If patches says its so its so : )

Thanks again.

Sent from my Droid

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
PC may have found the reason why its being discontinued. The screenshots

Imagine the lawsuits that can pour out of this one. Verizon would be pummeled along with HTC in the courts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh my..... I didnt think of that. One reason to get rid of overlays like Sense UI, MotoBlur, etc.

If this is affecting all phones with SenseUI....HTC is just shooting bigger holes in their foot. Maybe thats why the shortages/delays: they have to redesign Sense.....

patches152

Reaction score
The shortages are due to Samsung not keeping up with the amoled demand. There's a global shortage, since Samsung is the only manufacturer I believe.

buci1er

Reaction score
The shortages are due to Samsung not keeping up with the amoled demand. There's a global shortage, since Samsung is the only manufacturer I believe.

HAH! i haven't seen patches since i had a blackberry...wow...

J

Johnly

That is 100% HTC's fault. They really should have gone with their own screen technology, instead of letting Samsung take that role. They should have known that Samsung would consider their own android devices a priority, and that they would short HTC, at the first sign of production lag. The Inc is a great phone, and HTC can only blame themselves for the 100's of thousands in lost sales due to no product. IMO.

But now that the X is dropping in, I am sure "most" people will take that as an alternative tablet android device, and probably wont mind that it specs in a little better too=)

J

Johnly

Inside info, thank for the update=)

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
Looks like ima have to buy the droid X no big deal been wanting a bigger screen ever since the evo was released, let me see moto devour, moto droid, htc incredible, and now droid X cant wait

GreenAcid

Reaction score
This is funny to me.

I'm guessing it's because of the Apple Lawsuit, they're probably pulling all HTC phones until it gets settled (or at least ones like the incredible/Eris).

What's funny to me about this is, a good friend of mine Just got his incredible yesterday and tells me "Woot, now I'm not at the bottom of the food chain, i have a top of the line phone".

lawl. he's gonna cry himself to sleep when I pull out my Droid X next month

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Actually Verizon just changed the packaging for this phone to bring it more in line with the original Droid. So this is likely just an end to the sku for the old packaging. Nothing more.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Ah. well that explains it then. I Was wondering why they'd just ditch a brand new phone right after it came out

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea that makes more sense. The only way I could see them discontinuing it is if something major, drastic happened with HTC.

Snapple

Reaction score
Ooops scratch that LOL dislexia kicked in and switched around some of the words lol i thought you said "current child decided my droid...." lol instead of "child decided my current droid" lol ^_^ still funny lol

:rofl3:
I thought the same exact thing! I really am dyslexic though.