Droid Does Again!!!!!!

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
My wife left her Moto Droid on her hear bumper and it fell in a puddle of water completely submerged for about 10 mins. She brought it home and screen wouldn't work. It would just do whatever it wanted to do. Looked like a Droid on acid. I took the battery out and placed it face down with it slid out. Propped up a hair dryer blowing warm air on it for about 20 mins. Then Viola... It works. Damn i love these phones. I'm not saying that its ok to drop your Droid in the water and its going to be ok. I'm just saying that thank god this one is tough!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like you really lucked out, so far. There is a thread here on the best things to do for a submerged phone. Various dry-out methods can evaporate the water but leave behind mineral deposits that cause problems down the road. No matter how you look at it, water and electronics seldom mix. I wish you continued good luck!

eliassami5

Reaction score
My wife left her Moto Droid on her hear bumper and it fell in a puddle of water completely submerged for about 10 mins. She brought it home and screen wouldn't work. It would just do whatever it wanted to do. Looked like a Droid on acid. I took the battery out and placed it face down with it slid out. Propped up a hair dryer blowing warm air on it for about 20 mins. Then Viola... It works. Damn i love these phones. I'm not saying that its ok to drop your Droid in the water and its going to be ok. I'm just saying that thank god this one is tough!

wow you're lucky. It's probably not 100% working but if it works it works lol