No Service.. Ever

Overclockd24

Reaction score
So about a month ago my phone fell in my friends pool and i grabbed it within 1-2 seconds after it was submerged, I immediately ripped out the battery and began drying it with a hair dryer (which I later found out online that thats not the smartest thing to do) on a low heat mainly just to move the water out of any crevices. I let it sit in rice for about 24 hours than I decided to tear it open since the water damage would void the warranty anyways. After I opened it up I got some more water out of it and slapped it back together and let it sit in the rice for one more night. The next morning I turned it on and it was good as new!

Now here's where it gets depressing, just the other day I was listening to music on the way to class, and all of a sudden *click* and my phone restarts, turns on, and I see "No Service." It usually says that for about a second or two after the phone turns on, but this time it didn't go away, I have no 3g service, no 1x, no gps (but that might just be because it requires data for the gps to work), but EVERYTHING else functions perfectly fine... In other words, I have the first dxTouch... any ideas on how to fix this maybe? I'm pretty handy with electronics and such so if anyone has any ideas let me know cause im falling deeper and deeper into a depression lol.. okay thanks for reading guys and wish me luck! Oh, and yes I was dumb enough to NOT get the insurance on the phone so verizon is out..

Heres a pic of my phone, nakey..

58960_1380089425600_1332840108_30880029_335995_n.jpg

poubelle4

Reaction score
Same here

My droid x fell in the water. I disassemble and dried it. Now, I have the "no service" message permanently.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tell people this all the time, once a phone is submerged or any type of water damaged, even though it's been dried out, there is a very good chance a component inside is going to corrode and eventually will start doing funky things. Sounds like this is your time now. Good thing you can file an insurance claim on it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a company near me called cellular technicians that has a 90+% success rate at fixing water damaged phones. Its $35+ parts and if they can't fix it they only charge $10 for diagnosing whether or not they can fix it
Maybe there is such a business near you? I'm in central Va

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk