Droid Dock

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Ordered it Sunday night from Verizon and got it this morning. LOVE IT!!! I already ordered another one for my office. Simple...but it does its job.

Only complaint...way too short of a power cable with this phone and the dock.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a great dock, and comes at a great price, too. My home dock for my XM satellite RX was about $80.

Another great thing about the Home Dock is that the Home Screen rotates to landscape on it's own.

It would be nice to have a rotating string of icons to various apps, as opposed to the fixed four function icons at the bottom.

In my case, the power/USB cable is too long. I have the dock plugged into a powered 4-port USB hub that sits right next to the dock.

Erich

OP
Aaron636r

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Good point on the USB hub. Might just have to go that route. However, at home...I would still like to see a longer cord. Have to sit my phone on a chair to charge rather than the table.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Try going to Office Depot or Best Buy and get a 6' USB A to Micro-A cable. If that's not long enough get an additional 6' A-female to A-Male extension cable. I think you can go up to 15' total with USB before you get signal degradation.

Erich

jgorman13

Reaction score
i went to my local hardware store, bought a 9 ft cable for 2.99. works perfectly now. that was my only gripe and easily fixed.

Now what to do with my iHome.

romeov

Reaction score
Question. Can you use the dock NOT in dock mode (You know, alarm clock etc..) That would work fine for my bedroom, but at my desk, I want it mounted, plugged in and charging in the dock but with normal droid operation. is there a way to turn off dock mode in the dock? or do I have to cut out the magnets?

Last edited:

romeov

Reaction score
Nevermind.. You can.. found out here:

[video=youtube;tMJZTRD4Ss0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMJZTRD4Ss0]YouTube - Droid Dock Unboxing and Walkthrough[/video]

Time to use my verizon discount for renewing with them on a new dock!

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I tried to order the Multi Media Dock from the Verizon Store in Charleston, SC. They cannot even order it. It's on "backorder" with no ETA.

Aaron636R, what city did you order your's from?

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just hit the home button when it's docked and it comes out of the multimedia mode. The USB cord that comes with the dock and the one that comes with the Droid are way too short. WTH were they thinking?

OP
Aaron636r

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Im in California and it shipped from Texas. They shipped it over night. free freight.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I tried to order the Multi Media Dock from the Verizon Store in Charleston, SC. They cannot even order it. It's on "backorder" with no ETA.

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

Go Here to Order Direct from VZW
Droid Home Dock Cradle

PART# MOTA855DOCK

Let us know if that works for you !

Finnstang

Reaction score

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser
It is available online right now. I ordered this AM...free shipping...scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Used acc20 promo code for 20% off.

romeov

Reaction score
I ordered mine online last night as well, with the promo code.. wow.. free overnight shipping? That's makes up for the overpriced dock I guess :)