FREE MIKRADLE Dock Giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippster

Reaction score
LG VX8000 - the external display was a nice feature. Wasn't a bad phone at all, just a little dumb.
base_media

That was my last "dumb" phone also. Worked decently for the most part until towards the end, it started to powercycle itself at all the wrong times ( sleeping and hear it start up....:icon_evil: )

Droid has no comparison in the "smart phone" market so no need even remotely saying why it whoops a dumb one. :icon_ banana:

Taltoz

Reaction score
My last cell phone was a generic samsung flip phone. Decent phone but no smartphone features to speak of.

Cortez

Reaction score
I had the Palm Treo 700 for a long time. Bought cause I thought I was "cool". Totally sucked balls. Had to manually import all apps/games from my desktop to the phone, keyboard was hella small and was hard to type on.

Camera was 1.3 mp (which for a newer phone sucked)

Constantly was deleting my media messages and had to clear out my text inbox once a week because it was "full"

Then I bought the Omnia with my upgrade before the droid was out. This phone was a piece.

The omnia's camera was terrible, the touch keyboard didn't recognize where you typed and was off by like a cm. the home screen was a waste and "app" store was not an app store.

The worst thing about it is that the AMERICAN version of the phone, when your battery was low, no matter if it was on silent, vibrate, or sound on it would beep constantly to let you know you had a low battery. This is the reason I returned it. You can't be in a meeting and have your phone beeping even when it is on silent, just lame. I had it for less than 30 days and the droid had come out. Took it to verizon, got it exchanged for my droid, and sold my iPod Touch bc the droid DOES! Suck it everything else.

3rdphotorecon

Reaction score
I had a samsung e760 and wow was it bad. They called it a smartphone but wow was it bad. The touch screen was not responsive and tiny compared to the droid. The weight was also incredible. It felt like you were walking around with 5 rolls of quarters in your pocket. And to top it off it ran windows mobile...

5dv

Reaction score
Last phone I had was an Alias. What a joke. Easy to use but why would you want to.

rod

Reaction score
last phone i had wasnt truly a dumb phone. it was the vx6800. the reason why im able to mention the vx6800 in the same sentence as "dumb" is because i hated it. it was slow. touchscreen was horrible. the slide action of the keyboard felt like it was going to fall apart every time (and i was almost hoping it would). i couldnt stand the web-browsing. even the keyboard was pitiful. and its not like you could use the touchscreen for typing...

most importantly, the reason why i can use the word "dumb", is because i was dumb enough to listen to a friend when he suggested it. he had a similar version of the phone and swore by it. i should have known better. he had the tilt with at&t.

dumb.

r-dubya

Reaction score
My last "dumb" phone was either an LG chocolate, or a MOTO RAZOR. Either way, i think both phones speak for themselves, and require NO explaintion. I'm still ashamed to admit that i owned these phones. In fact, please don't pick me, as i would hate to relive that decision.

Forget i ever posted here...

:)

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
I had a Samsung i760. First of all it's dumb because it had a dumb name. It didn't even have a cool name like "Droid" or "Nexus One" The i760 was kinda an eye catching phone so people would always say, "oh cool phone which one is it, the iPhone?" I had a home screen skin that mimicked the iPhone. I would say, "no its a Samsung i760....duh!!"

The other reason why it was dumb is because I didn't have a data plan with it. How much more dumb can you get? I couldn't view web sites, check email, download new apps, listen to Pandora or use it to figure out how which way is North. Well, even if I did have a data plan with that phone I could only do a couple of those things. All this and much, much more we can do on the awesome Droid.

One last reason why it was dumb is because it ran on Windows Mobile. Case closed!

Technoman

Reaction score
My last 3 phones (all dumb as dirt) were as follow.... and understand I thought I was actually moving UP with each of these newer phones.

LG ENV - Horrid little screen on the outside, clamshell opened to a larger screen. Phone annoyed the hell out of me (added a second line of service to replace it in less than 3 months)

LG Voyager - Much improved unit, large screen on the outside and inside. Clamshell - Got caught on my seatbelt getting out of the car and the hinge ripped out of one side. RUINED!!!

LG ENV TOUCH - Supposed to be the "upgrade" of the Voyager. Looked a lot like the Voyager, but actually paled in comparison. Had massive reset problems, lost calls. After 3 replacements, I requested Verizon refund my money and......

Got Droid.... I love my Droid... it is a TRUE UPGRADE in all aspects!!!

Love the Mikradle design also... I am a woodworker, and like the look and design of the cradle. Also I have a snap on cover on my phone an can not use the Moto Home Dock!!

drowe

Reaction score
It was a Moto Razr. I think I paid as much for it as I did for my Droid....

PJay801

Reaction score
My last phone was the ever popular and highly reliable...Motorola RAZR. I had 5 of them...ah the memories of the RAZR. After 5 I realized the dream of owning a RAZR was just that....a dream. What a worthless piece of junk.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can barely recall my last dumb phone. I think it was a Nokia 3390 and it really didn't have any features at all.

zakany

Reaction score
Samsung A437. My wife and I both had the same phone. She put hers through the washer and drier. Like a good husband, I gave her my phone and I took hers. I brought it back to life, but with several non-functioning buttons. You could call me, but I couldn't call you (unless your phone number contained no 2s, 5s, or 0s).

My Droid is better because all the numbers work.

wookv

Reaction score
My last phone with the LG Chocolate dumbphone, compared to the droid the chocolate was like the old fashioned point and shoot film camera and the droid is the latest digital slr with a multitude of manual setting options.

This is my first smartphone, my first gps and my first android!

Status
Not open for further replies.