FREE MIKRADLE Dock Giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Samsung T-219 in Red from T-Mobile. Front screen busted the first year I had it, then the main screen started to blot for another six months! I had had the phone so long that I knew how to use it without looking at it, though :). If the "dumbest" phone wins, then it's most certainly mine.

pyro6128

Reaction score
my last phone was the env touch. It worked well and I would take it over a dare any day of the week. They advertise it as app friendly, although I don't know if friendly is the word I would use to describe it...

rwdfan

Reaction score
My last phone was a Motorola Krave. This clunker was supposed to be a smart, touch phone. Gee, I suppose you could consider it smart, even though you had NO control of the buttons on the phone, nor the applications. Before that, I had a Razr2, aka v9m. This was my favorite dumb phone. Very nicely made, and great form factor.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I had the LG EnV 2, and actually really enjoyed the phone. But in comparison to the Droid it has nothing. The internet was worthless, doing anything beyond the basics (texting and phone call) was kind of a chore. And no Robo Defense...need I say more? :p

coolestmage

Reaction score
My last phone was the motorola i425 with boost mobile. It was a great cheap phone, truly indestructible. The difference is night and day with the Droid though, I can do anything and everything I want with it!

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
pandroid's phone history 101

1. Nokia 6015i : circa 2004
33fc3sh.jpg

2. :iphone: iPhone 1G : 2007
w06mjb.jpg

3. :iphone: iPhone 1G : 2007 (100$ refurbished, how could i not NOT buy it. put black anodized aluminum back on and gave original to friend. now that i think about it 3 years later, it was like giving my friend 100$. i forgot i bought it to sell it, not give it away.)
w06mjb.jpg

4. :iphone: iPhone 3G : 2008 (was traded for...)
30vlzco.jpg

5. HTC G1 : 2008
rt2f13.jpg

6. :motdroidvert: the current all glorious Motorola DROID : 2009
240zue0.jpg

why doesnt 1-5 compare to 6?

because... apple and oranges mayne

Nick177th

Reaction score
Had an LG Dare. Can't trash it because I had never had a smartphone til the Droid. Dare pales in comparison to the Droid. Long live the Droid nation.

dirtygin

Reaction score
LG Voyager

It might have been the worst touch screen I've ever seen. Not a bad phone other than that, but it's no Droid.

hatephil

Reaction score
I owned a Motorola Krave ZN4.

If anyone has owned one, they know I would win hands down.

Last edited:

singleslammer

Reaction score
My last phone was a samsung i760. It was huge, cumbersome, and had windows mobile 6.1 (blah...). Although it did have a great keyboard, which unfortunately is the one thing I really dont like about the droid.

patriot839

Reaction score
dumbest phone ever offered by verizon

LG VX3300 - Photo 1 of 4 - Mobiledia Ok here is the deal 2 years ago I got a samsung that I really liked I had it for a whole two days when my wife put it thru the wash of course no insurence so I ended up using a LG VX 3300 phone flip phone it was the worst phone verizon ever offerd and I had to be stuck with it for the past two years oh man it sucked I work with a bunch of guys that had nice phones I took so much crap for having that phone oh man it was the worst I'm a 27yo man in the construction industry no man should have to sustain 2 years with such crap anyways glad to have my droid with body glove there is a link above with a pic of the crap phone I've had for the past two years thank goodness for my droid

just wanted to remind every one to post your past dumb phones here cause this thread closes tomarrow and the winner of the fantastic MIKRADLE will be chosen

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
My last phone was a Razor V9, and I only did texting on it, the browser was horrible. When I needed to get away from the death star network, I found myself looking for a smartphone, and the Droid, after playing with it for awhile and discovering Android in general, I knew it was to be mine.

I'd love a free cradle to go with it. :)

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Is today the last day? I guess it depends on how you count 5 days. lol

If submissions still count: My last dumb phone was a Blackberry Pearl.

Why was it dumb? Too many reasons to list, but I'll give a few.

1. Two letters per key. What moron thought this up? I guess it was ok. I went with the pearl for size over function, that was a mistake. I spent more time deleting wrong words than anything else with this phone.

2. The trackball. Holy Hamhocks Batman! You get a little bit of gunk stuck underneath that thing and it was a 2 hour adventure to get it disassembled, cleaned and put back together correctly. Otherwise it was useless. Don't drop the little ball!

3. SLOOWWWWWWWWWWW. Looking at pictures of Bridget Regan and Tabrett Bethel sucked on that thing. Lucky if you could do any sort of serious web browsing. Droid does, why can't you!?

4. The GPS sucked. When I got it I figured it would come in handy. I was wrong, just a novelty.

5. Not a Droid. Lets face it, all else pales in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.