Droid Dock

BzB

Reaction score
I love the dock. I use it as my alarm clock on my night stand. My only complaint/suggestion is to make the snooze/dismiss buttons bigger. I have a hard time focusing on them when I wake up early in the morning.

i just reach over and blindly start pressing stuff. lol. usually i'll hit the volume key or camera button which snoozes the alarm for a few minutes.

the dock is a awesome accessory to have though, had one for my storm and liked the ergonomics/usefulness of it. i was lucky enough to get the only dock my local verizon had on launch day, apparently no one else asked about them and they had only one in the back. then i ordered another online yesterday and got it today for the office. alarm clock at night and media center during the day. :icon_ banana:

andjarnic

Reaction score
I really like the dock as well. I wish they had a 2nd dock, say for $50 that utilized had a stereo output and a large snooze button and dimmer button on the dock itself. It would be great to plug this into some stationary speakers at say, a desk, and then just dock your droid and play tunes from it without having to plug them into the phone. Perhaps the iPod/iPhone docking market will make something for other phones now that Android is starting to take off and a lot more of them will be bought.

mach330

Reaction score
got my dock as well. got it free shipping overnight with my business discount. pretty sweet.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Also, be sure you are seating the Droid fully into the Dock. I found that it can find a "false" seat and not be connected. You should get a "Connected to MultiMedia Station" message in your notifications bar, and then the Dock Icon along side the USB icon. If you don't have either displayed, chances are it's not a proper connection.

+1 I have a hard case protector (easy to slide in and out of my pocket) and have to take the bottom part / half off before putting it in the Dock. However, if not fully or properly seated, it will do exactly as what was quoted.

- Mega

HokieDroidFan

Reaction score
I love the dock. I use it as my alarm clock on my night stand...

I'm doing this as well, but the screen, even in night mode, is just too dadgum bright. Does anybody know of an app that can reduce the brightness of dock mode?

Imemine

Reaction score
Saving from email and connecting to pc

I found that docs2go allows you to save some documents onto your phone but not pdf files. I don't have problem opening them, I want to save them. Also I connected my phone to my laptop lastnight and it sees a drive but it won't access it. Any help with that will be greatly appreciated.

M

Cassie

Reaction score
Also, be sure you are seating the Droid fully into the Dock. I found that it can find a "false" seat and not be connected. You should get a "Connected to MultiMedia Station" message in your notifications bar, and then the Dock Icon along side the USB icon. If you don't have either displayed, chances are it's not a proper connection.

+1 I have a hard case protector (easy to slide in and out of my pocket) and have to take the bottom part / half off before putting it in the Dock. However, if not fully or properly seated, it will do exactly as what was quoted.

- Mega
The hard case protector was going to be my question. I can understand having to take it off to make sure it is fully engaged. I am just afraid I will break the plastic.

raydog153

Reaction score
Are there third party docks that can be used with the case protectors? Same with the car cradle, I think it is pointless if I have to take my case protector off everytime I want to use a dock or cradle! I have a soft case protector.

NightTrainPete

Reaction score

I'm doing this as well, but the screen, even in night mode, is just too dadgum bright. Does anybody know of an app that can reduce the brightness of dock mode?
I agree. I was super dependent on my last phone to be my alarm clock and was pumped about this docking station. Got it in the mail yesterday, tried it out last night and had to quickly take it out due to the main buttons being fully on and the main screen just not dim enough. I could probably live with it if the main buttons weren't constantly on all of the time.

I like to sleep in dark rooms :)

xistencz

Reaction score
heres a tip,
if you're gonna order it through verizonwireless then you might wanna try these promo codes: freeovernt (free overnight shipping) and chr15 (15% off all cellphones chargers). and i'm pretty sure you can combine these promo codes so goodluck!

ripstar

Reaction score
does the phone automatically switch to ring from vibrate when it is docked? or is there a setting I need to change?

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
The hard case protector was going to be my question. I can understand having to take it off to make sure it is fully engaged. I am just afraid I will break the plastic.

Nope--it comes off easy enough.

Start by slightly pulling-back the top-left catch tab (which is protecting the bottom part of the phone) and disengage it. Once done, push to the left from the top-right corner while slightly pulling the catch tab back and it pops right off.

To put it back on, just hook in the bottom first and snap the top back into place. I do this a couple times a day and the case still fits snug--but more importantly--easy to get out of my jeans front pocket when I need to use the phone.

- Mega

Szyslak

Reaction score

I agree. I was super dependent on my last phone to be my alarm clock and was pumped about this docking station. Got it in the mail yesterday, tried it out last night and had to quickly take it out due to the main buttons being fully on and the main screen just not dim enough. I could probably live with it if the main buttons weren't constantly on all of the time.

I like to sleep in dark rooms :)
I'm having the same issue. I had to move my dock across the room because it was too bright next to the bed. As an added bonus, now I have to get my lazy butt out of bed to turn it off.

I hope someone will come out with an app that lets you control the dock home screen better. ie, adjustable brightness, or a "sleep mode" with much less displayed on the screen. Maybe once the user base gets large enough we'll see some "moto droid specific" apps like that.