Droid..buy 1 get 1 free

Murz

Reaction score
LOL..I know. I work in a secured government building. No phones of any type allowed. But that was a good one....

What agency do you work for? I also work in a government building, federal. They dont allow any outside partys to bring cell phones with cameras in, but all federal employess (who have passed a background check) are allowed with them. I'd be upset if I had to check my droid at the door every morning...

UggTheThug

Reaction score
LOL..I know. I work in a secured government building. No phones of any type allowed. But that was a good one....

What agency do you work for? I also work in a government building, federal. They dont allow any outside partys to bring cell phones with cameras in, but all federal employess (who have passed a background check) are allowed with them. I'd be upset if I had to check my droid at the door every morning...

im pretty sure he would have to kill you...:painkiller:

OP
PJay801

PJay801

Reaction score

I work for the DOD. In my classified area no electronic devices of any kind are allowed. Most phones have camara's and that is the main reason for no access.

mkstn

Reaction score
Well it is kind of a scam... unless both your phones qualify for up-grades you can not get the deal.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Well it is kind of a scam... unless both your phones qualify for up-grades you can not get the deal.

How is that a scam? They are giving you $1100 in product for 200 bucks.If you didn't have both phones ready for upgrades it's because they recently gave you a discount of roughly $300.

LOL scam.

* admin edit : comment not necessary be nice *

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This has always been VZW's policy. I orderd an N1 today...try that and see how you feel about VZW then :)

lschicky

Reaction score
Paying extra is the price we pay for being early adapters, but look on the bright side of this. It will help increase the Android Market Share, helping boost the community, helping take over!
:icon_ devil:

LarryQW

Reaction score
Why do they do this? Especially so soon since its release. Is this an indication that it isnt selling well?

Ha! You think they make money on selling the phone hardware???

Did you miss that monthly phone bill of $10-$20. And then add the $30/month required data plan.

At over $50/month total, you'll pay at least $1200 over the next two years of your contract by carrying the phone around. Probably more with extra charges and fees.

And add that much again for the second "free" phone that got you into the store...

Yea! A free phone!! What a deal! For only $2500 or so... and counting...

mrmark27

Reaction score
im about to upgrade to the droid and we have a family plan. for my dads phone, his current phone does all he needs(making calls, hes far from techy). if we did the buy 1 get 1 free deal, could i then just have his old phone reactivated and ebay the droid?

yyhh94

Reaction score
anyone have an idea why theyre doing this promotion? buy 1 droid get one free? o_o sounds like theyre tryna get rid of their inventory. could they be soon coming out with a better phone than a droid?

AND when does this promotion end?

Reaction score
I don't get why everyone is getting worried about them being buy one get one free. I agree it's most likely to get more in the market, as the only negative reviews for the droid are from biased cryphone users. Even if it wasn't selling well, this doesn't affect me all that much, android OS is still going strong ,and the phone does exactly what I want it to do. Of course something better is coming out soon, that's the whole point of technology.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
So since everyone thinks 1) early adopters pay the price 2) VZW knows that offering B1G1 will drive new contracts, why doesnt every carrier do this. VZW is the only one Ive ever seen do it. iPhone has been around forever and the thing never even goes on sale. Droid came out in Nov for $300 plus mail in, now it can be had for $50? Its a great phone, but IMO thats an indication its not selling as well as they hoped. If it were flying off the shelf they wouldnt drop the price.

hughesjr

Reaction score
So since everyone thinks 1) early adopters pay the price 2) VZW knows that offering B1G1 will drive new contracts, why doesnt every carrier do this. VZW is the only one Ive ever seen do it. iPhone has been around forever and the thing never even goes on sale. Droid came out in Nov for $300 plus mail in, now it can be had for $50? Its a great phone, but IMO thats an indication its not selling as well as they hoped. If it were flying off the shelf they wouldnt drop the price.
Let me google that for you