Droid..buy 1 get 1 free

PJay801

Reaction score
Question: Right now Verizon is offering Buy a Droid and get a 2nd for free. I got my Droid and free Eris in the beginning of Feb. So i'm well within my 30 day window. Can I give back my wife's Eris and get a Droid for her? Or another scenerio is I oft out before my 30 days and then sign back on to get the 2 Droids? Suggestions?

OP
PJay801

PJay801

Reaction score
Why don't you ask Verizon?

I will when I get off work. I don't have phone access at my job. I was just looking for suggestions, or to see if anyone has done something like this before.

The Rick

Reaction score
Verizon will exchange it but will charge you $35 in restocking on the eris to exchange for the droid (well worth it IMO)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3 droids or 2, I would go 3 but thats just out of greed, Im sure you are going to have to activate all 3, so two is cheaper. Or opt out and if your wife like the UI of the eris, she or you can wait until spring and get the nexus.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon will exchange it but will charge you $35 in restocking on the eris to exchange for the droid (well worth it IMO)

I believe Rick is correct, and yes it would be worth it. Are they trying to clear inventor or what?

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Why do they do this? Especially so soon since its release. Is this an indication that it isnt selling well? Kind of annoying considering I bought one in Nov for $300, and then we got the wife hers in Dec for $200. Same thing happened when we got the BB Storm. Within a few months it was B1G1 free. Think next time we are ready to upgrade to something better Im gonna wait til they roll out this get 1 free deal.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Why do they do this? Especially so soon since its release. Is this an indication that it isnt selling well? Kind of annoying considering I bought one in Nov for $300, and then we got the wife hers in Dec for $200. Same thing happened when we got the BB Storm. Within a few months it was B1G1 free. Think next time we are ready to upgrade to something better Im gonna wait til they roll out this get 1 free deal.
That's what you get for being an early adopter.

Buying things the day they come out will always yield you the most expensive purchase. That's why it's smakrt to wauit a few months for everytihng to settle down.

I waited 3 months after the release and I got my Droid for $100.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It is what it is, you buy it when it first come out you get to pay 300 (but to be fair you get a 100 rebate); I saw a droid selling at walmart for 188 /w 2yr.

gruve

Reaction score

Another reason to buy your phone at BBY. Instant rebates and 30 day no question asked return policy with no restocking fee.

compywiz

Reaction score
It is what it is, you buy it when it first come out you get to pay 300 (but to be fair you get a 100 rebate); I saw a droid selling at walmart for 188 /w 2yr.

They have them for 99 now :(.

I look at it as paying an extra 100 dollars to get it the day it comes out :).

actrack03

Reaction score
I for one would prefer to pay the extra money $200 at BB and get it 3 months earlier than wait for the specials. If I had waited this long for the prices to go down I'd now be waiting for then next phone rumored to be coming out.

Dean

Reaction score
my very 1st post...

I just ordered my Motorola Droid and my final out of pocket cost was $49.
Unfortunately for me, I had to go thru 7 Storms (each with a different problem) in 15 months to get another $50? I tried to get it free but I'm very sure it will be worth the $ compared to bb.