Couple Questions adding Droid to my line

zfly9

Reaction score
So my gf is on her family plan and is planning on getting off that and on her own.

Would it be smarter to get on my plan?

Wasn't there something a while back that would give us a free Droid or Eris for those who got the phone on opening day, honoring the buy one get one free deal?

Any help is appreciated!

LilDavy

Reaction score
you better hope the relationship doesn't go sour and she sticks you with a huge bill.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Any real help is appreciated

StupidGenius

Reaction score
There is a "Buy One, Get One" Free offer now. Buying a Droid will get you a Droid, but I don't believe they have to be tied to a Family Share Plan. Verizowireless.com would be your best choice to answer that part of your question.

LilDavy

Reaction score

I really wasn't trying to be a jerk about that. A friend's son did this same thing and then broke up with the girl. They were on a lower minute plan with restricted data and needless to say she really ran up the bill after the relationship ended. Luckily he was able to cancel the phone and eat the early term fee. At the time I think it was around $175 bucks, now I think its double that..

wsbsteven

Reaction score
you better hope the relationship doesn't go sour and she sticks you with a huge bill.

Sounded like good advice to me. You aren't married so if you both break up, guess who gets to pay her bill until the contract is up? She should stick with her current family plan unless the plan administrator doesn't want her to renew or it isn't meeting her needs.

I'm on a family plan with my wife and in laws because we don't use many minutes so it benefits all of us to group up as a family. If I wasn't married, I would (and I did) have my own minute plan. That way should something happen, you covered your bases to protect yourself.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Or just go into the VZW store and talk to them. We aren't VZW employees.

"We aren't VZW employees" could be a response to a lot of questions on this board. This is just an easier, friendlier way of getting responses. Don't respond if you don't have an answer.

Sounded like good advice to me. You aren't married so if you both break up, guess who gets to pay her bill until the contract is up? She should stick with her current family plan unless the plan administrator doesn't want her to renew or it isn't meeting her needs.

I'm on a family plan with my wife and in laws because we don't use many minutes so it benefits all of us to group up as a family. If I wasn't married, I would (and I did) have my own minute plan. That way should something happen, you covered your bases to protect yourself.

True, but it wasn't a question of advice in those terms. I know the risk and I was just asking specific questions about the deal.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
I'm not sure the BOGO deal lasts this long. You would have to contract Verizon as was mentioned but I doubt they would still give it to you. There are many places that have the Droid for $50 which is very reasonable, I'd go that route.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
I'm not sure the BOGO deal lasts this long. You would have to contract Verizon as was mentioned but I doubt they would still give it to you. There are many places that have the Droid for $50 which is very reasonable, I'd go that route.

Yeah good call.. are there any other places other than amazon doing it for $50?

StupidGenius

Reaction score

Yeah good call.. are there any other places other than amazon doing it for $50?

The BOGO is currently being offered. That said, $50 is a great deal for this phone, BUT I would confirm that this is for a new phone and not refurbished.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I just saw on TV last night that Verizon is offering a free 3G Smartphone with the purchase of a 3G Smartphone (this includes the DROID). I know that when I checked on this deal before I had to have 2 lines available for the upgrade. So double check with Verizon on if you are eligible for the 2 for 1 deal.