Droid Bionic vs. Galaxy S3

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only dropped calls that happen to me are when my cheek touches the END button lol

lol if that happens ur sensor is messed up lol... ur screen is suppose to be off on ur face

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
lol if that happens ur sensor is messed up lol... ur screen is suppose to be off on ur face

Sometimes I move a certain way and the screen comes on. And my phone just happens to touch my cheek! Lol

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
That's great! I'm jealous, cause I loved my Bionic. And I never said Moto radios are crap, just that they are in no way superior and I'm tired of everyone thinking it. Razr Maxx is the only phone they released since 2011 that didn't have data drop issues. Just the facts. Took them 4 phones to figure it out. If anything I'd say HTC has the best track record for radios the past year and a half.

That is just because I live in Raleigh . Which is great for 4g.

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I move a certain way and the screen comes on. And my phone just happens to touch my cheek! Lol

Steve jobs already told you that your holding it wrong lol

AlexSB

Reaction score

See he knows the pain and distress that I go through too! It's an elite select few that it happens to lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tothenet

Reaction score
I listed touchwiz as a negative and said it had some good points....

My Bionic hasn't got any data drop issues.. odd I know.. but yes... moto typically has better radios..

I fought an internal battle just to keep from buying the s3 lol.

Hoping that the HD was around the corner is the only thing that kept me from doing it. ..

:D

I was strong Moto support since Droid 1. I bought Droid 2 G and Bionic afterwards. Though lots of issue on Droid2G, I was patient enough to wait for Gingerbread upgrade and I was impressed with lots of improvement.

With Bionic, I got data drop issue from day 1. UI was much better and overall much faster device but I couldn't wait for ICS OTA update. Way toooooooo slow.... I worked for Samsung before and I know how they work. Maybe Moto guys go home at 6 regardless of project progress but Samsung guys aren't... At least their manage make sure process is in line with schedule.

Anyway, I am now with Galaxy S3 and it doesn't show day and night difference but overall experience is much improved. Even with standard battery, battery life is on par or superior than that of Moto extended battery. Faster, 2G memory leaves much room after all the apps I installed. bigger and better screen, lighter weight... Nothing is worse than Moto. Even Radio.. Moto's own LTE can't beat Qualcomm's LTE baseband.

I am not sure what future lies in front of Moto. Though there's financial backup from Google, can they be competitive again? From Razor Maxx HD coming in Oct or Nov, I am not sure.. Samsung may have another one coming at that time for big holiday season.

Bye bye moto. good old friend but far behind the trend.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I would say the droid bionic because of hardware and is durable.

Droid bionic because of build.
Droid bionic have close stock look on the OS in ICS leak .
It seem smoother then my droid razr on ICS, base on my experience. I yet to get bugs on it.
Droid bionic have smooth and nice os,apps work fine and qhd look it amazing.
Droid bionic have nice battery life.
Droid bionic have micro-hdmi port doesnt need extra piece like s3 to have it on.

Samsung galaxy s3
Samsung galaxy s3 have better camera based on sensor or lense it have.
Samsung galaxy have feather like thinnest of any galaxy s line ( get droid razr if u want thinner devices.)
Samsung galaxy s3 have nice natural touchwiz interface.
Samsung galaxy s3 have better resolution do to HD and Super Amoled screen.
Samsung galaxy s3 have decent battery life time compare to bionic

Everything else can be a toss up on both devices.

Con of samsung is the plastic look and feel.
Samsung user interface look like iphonish ripoff still.
Con of Moto is the camera isnt as nice in certain situation.

FYI I use my bionic with ICS leak rom the last build from moto not rooted for 1 week.
My friends S3 for about a few days and it wasnt to impressive like the commercial make it seem.

I would say if you coming from dual core phone to wait for Droid Razr HD.
Or just wait for Samsung galaxy s4 for Next Summer or Early Fall.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I would say the droid bionic because of hardware and is durable.

Droid bionic because of build.
Droid bionic have close stock look on the OS in ICS leak .
It seem smoother then my droid razr on ICS, base on my experience. I yet to get bugs on it.
Droid bionic have smooth and nice os,apps work fine and qhd look it amazing.
Droid bionic have nice battery life.
Droid bionic have micro-hdmi port doesnt need extra piece like s3 to have it on.

Samsung galaxy s3
Samsung galaxy s3 have better camera based on sensor or lense it have.
Samsung galaxy have feather like thinnest of any galaxy s line ( get droid razr if u want thinner devices.)
Samsung galaxy s3 have nice natural touchwiz interface.
Samsung galaxy s3 have better resolution do to HD and Super Amoled screen.
Samsung galaxy s3 have decent battery life time compare to bionic
Everything else can be a toss up

Con of samsung is the plastic look and feel.
Samsung user interface look like iphonish ripoff still.
Con of Moto is the camera isnt as nice in certain situation.

Just curious, but do you own a Galaxy SIII?

huskur

Reaction score
Just curious, but do you own a Galaxy SIII?

I own a Razr Maxx (back-up) phone and a GS3 and my wife has a Bionic. I can tell you hands down that the GS3 is a far better device than the Bionic. My facts are purely based on user experience. The GS3 is super smooth and very fast where you notice lag with the Bionic. I am sure the 2GB or RAM help with that. The reception (signal strength) is a wash. They are equal in that category. The screen (both size and resolution) are much cleaner on the GS3. Like others have said, the Bionic is sadly becoming outdated. If you have the time test them both out. I think you will come to the GS3 side.

FYI- The GS3 is plenty durable. May not be "moto tough" but it is formidable none the less.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My girlfriend does and i play it all the time. Im not to impress by it and I play with my droid bionic have leak ICS OS to me it much smoother then my droid razr. That I sold due to the screen being crack . Droid razr was smooth on gingerbread but ICS was a disaster compare to bionic.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I didnt say that it wasnt and 2 gb of ram is only good for games and video. User interface seem the same on my test on bionic and S3 . And if the bionic rooted is basicly the same speed as droid razr or razr maxx. Because, Moto basicly overclock 1000 mhz (dual core to 1.2 ghz on the phone with the same chip on bionic.

I personally love the Motorola had bad experience with galaxy s1 and did month trial with a friend about s2. Personally, didnt like it and if i want latest and greatest. I can wait for 1 year or so to do it with Moto. Not blame them, when Carriers is notorious for delaying them for new device and Google is to blame for the update with Future Android OS.

Especially, Google like holding for 3 months the new OS. Especially, to the Nexus line then allow Carriers or Manufacture to touch it afterword. Like that; they can hype their phone and make people buy into ecosystem

I own a Razr Maxx (back-up) phone and a GS3 and my wife has a Bionic. I can tell you hands down that the GS3 is a far better device than the Bionic. My facts are purely based on user experience. The GS3 is super smooth and very fast where you notice lag with the Bionic. I am sure the 2GB or RAM help with that. The reception (signal strength) is a wash. They are equal in that category. The screen (both size and resolution) are much cleaner on the GS3. Like others have said, the Bionic is sadly becoming outdated. If you have the time test them both out. I think you will come to the GS3 side.

FYI- The GS3 is plenty durable. May not be "moto tough" but it is formidable none the less.

Last edited:

huskur

Reaction score
I didnt say that it wasnt and 2 gb of ram is only good for games and video. User interface seem the same on my test on bionic and S3 . And if the bionic rooted is basicly the same speed as droid razr or razr maxx. Because, Moto basicly overclock 1000 mhz (dual core to 1.2 ghz on the phone with the same chip on bionic.

I personally love the Motorola had bad experience with galaxy s1 and did month trial with a friend about s2. Personally, didnt like it and if i want latest and greatest. I can wait for 1 year or so to do it with Moto. Not blame them, when Carriers is notorious for delaying them for new device and Google is to blame for the update with Future Android OS.

Especially, Google like holding for 3 months the new OS. Especially, to the Nexus line then allow Carriers or Manufacture to touch it afterword. Like that; they can hype their phone and make people buy into ecosystem

The truth test is to try them both and make a decision. If you go by "stats" alone and benchmarking the S3 blows the Bionic out of the water. I didn't want to bring up benchmarking since it is a unreal worldly test. 2GB or RAM is also utilized in other than game play and video. The S3 is a multi-tasking beast.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
The truth test is to try them both and make a decision. If you go by "stats" alone and benchmarking the S3 blows the Bionic out of the water. I didn't want to bring up benchmarking since it is a unreal worldly test. 2GB or RAM is also utilized in other than game play and video. The S3 is a multi-tasking beast.

benchmarking for the most part is a pretty accurate comparison.. and in this case it holds true... no one can argue that the bionic is as fast or faster than the s3

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'll go ahead and argue that point by saying I notice 0 difference in performance of both games and multi-tasking. PERHAPS in the future it will mean more, and sure the numbers are technically higher, but I'm extremely picky and I notice no difference at all. Especially compared to the difference between my X2 and my Bionic. Was like a whole new world of technology.