Galaxy S3 this fall?

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
I saw this article over on AndroidPit today. Rumors are already circulating that the S3 will come out this fall. Purportedly, it is meant to compete with the iPhone 5 when it comes out (They also claim that the S3 is the real reason why Apple sued Samsung).

The article also includes some interesting specs. It will have a 4.5" screen, possibly with better resolution, and will be rocking at 1.8 GHz.

So what do you guys think? I don't understand why Samsung would release the S3 so close to the S2, so I'm not sold on these rumors. BUT, if there's any truth to this, I doubt Samsung would wait around until the fall to release the S2 on Verizon. It at least gives me hope that I can have the S2 by this summer, because I'm tired of sitting on my upgrade. Even if the S3 comes out at the end of this year, I would still get the S2 if I could have it within the next month or two.

[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S3 with 1.8 GHz CPU Coming This Autumn? - AndroidPIT

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Seems way too close. As far as a 4.5" screen, sorry, that is getting too big to carry comfortably. 4.3" is max I could go with and I actually prefer 4.0". 4.5" is bordering on trying to carry a tablet in your pocket. :D

Reaction score
Single core 1.8ghz? This rumor is definitely false, or samsung is stupid for choosing a processor weaker than tegra 2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
Seems way too close. As far as a 4.5" screen, sorry, that is getting too big to carry comfortably. 4.3" is max I could go with and I actually prefer 4.0". 4.5" is bordering on trying to carry a tablet in your pocket. :D

I thought the exact same thing. That was another reason why I hesitate to believe the rumor. 4.5 inches is just too much, and I really don't see companies trying to do that. It is a phone after all, and it needs to be highly portable. However, I do like the 4.3" screens if there's no physical keyboard.

OP
J

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
Single core 1.8ghz? This rumor is definitely false, or samsung is stupid for choosing a processor weaker than tegra 2

The article doesn't say anything about whether it's single or dual core. But it does say it's an upgrade on the S2, so I'm sure it's implied that it's dual core.

Reaction score

The article doesn't say anything about whether it's single or dual core. But it does say it's an upgrade on the S2, so I'm sure it's implied that it's dual core.

1.8 ghz dual core, I thought that sounded unlikely, but i can see it happening by the fall. You're probably right.

kyler13

Reaction score
How do you sue someone over a future device? To me, it would imply that sensitive company information was provided to Apple in some way, shape, or form.

King_Bean

Reaction score

I used to say the same thing, but I played with the Samsung Infuse this weekend and I would totally be cool with a 4.5 screened phone. I almost prefer it after playing with the infuse.