Droid Bionic vs Atrix ?

Haloman800

Reaction score
According to Phone Arena ( LG Optimus 2X vs Motorola DROID BIONIC vs Atrix 4G: specs comparison - Phone Arena ) The difference between the DROID BIONIC and the AT&T Counterpart is:

Bionic will have 4.3 inch screen, Atrix will have 4.0.

Atrix has 1Ghz RAM (needed for the laptop dock, and from what I've heard the extra 512MB's of RAM can't be used except with the dock), Bionic has 512 MB's.

Both have nVdia Dual Core Tegra 2 processors.

Atrix has a finger print scanner, Bionic doesn't.

Bionic will have an 8MP camera, Atrix will have 5MP.

Both are made by Motorola.

Post more differences and I'll add them.

Last edited:

briankeith513

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that site is often incorrect, or incomplete in spec info. They have have the exact same proccessor and battery, Atrix more RAM, but Bionic has a 4.3 in screen and 8 megapixel camera, whereas the Atrix has a 4 in screen and 5 megapixel camera. You really can't go wrong with either device. This info that I posted is from official specs on Motorola's website.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SoDroid

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that AT&T is getting the better phone. I know the hardware is basically the same, but I would love the 1GB of RAM, the peripherals (docks!), and fingerprint reader. I hope we get some good accessory options. Is there any difference between this device and the LG Optimus 2X?

Edit:
Bionic has a bigger battery than Optimus 2X.

Bionic also has a bigger screen with more pixels

Optimus 2X should be GSM (Global)

Last edited:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Bionic - 512MB RAM, 1600 mAh battery, 4.3" display, Lightweight Blur, 8MP Camera

Atrix - 1GB DDR RAM, 1930 mAh battery, 4.0" display, full MotoBlur, 5MP Camera laptop dock accessories

Only differences off the top of my head.

Last edited:

briankeith513

Reaction score
Last edited:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Bionic - 512MB RAM, 1600 mAh battery, 4.3" display, Lightweight Blur, 8MP Camera

Atrix - 1GB DDR RAM, 1930 mAh battery, 4.0" display, full MotoBlur, 5MP Camera laptop dock accessories

Partially wrong info. The Fact sheet for the Droid Bionic shows that it also has a 1930 mah battery.

Fact Sheet:
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact-Sheets/Motorola-DROID-BIONIC-Fact-Sheet-353a.aspx

Sure glad I was wrong about the battery. Ha.

briankeith513

Reaction score
Ha, me too.

Partially wrong info. The Fact sheet for the Droid Bionic shows that it also has a 1930 mah battery.

Fact Sheet:
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact-Sheets/Motorola-DROID-BIONIC-Fact-Sheet-353a.aspx

Sure glad I was wrong about the battery. Ha.

akadonny

Reaction score
Looks like the Atrix is a better device for business with it's 1GB LP DDR2, choice of multimedia or laptop dock and a power button that also serves as a fingerprint reader (per engadget).

The Bionic looks to be better for the average user with larger 4.3" screen, 512MB of unspecified DDR2, 8MP camera and HDMI out on the device itself.

sqchram

Reaction score
So what will be better at running Dungeon Defenders? (I assume more mem = better perf. given the same processors) Will Atrix ever trickle back to the Verizon network, or is it inherently hardware committed to att? (Well the iphone is coming to Verizon)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads in the News section where folks that may have good info say the Atrix is coming by the end of the year. If it is....I can see myself just waiting instead of getting the Bionic.

IF the Bionic even comes out at all it will be near the middle of the year. I can wait another few more months for the phone with the lil bit better specs and docks.

And if the Atrix and Bionic both come out this year, I can see Verizon marketing them like this:

Looks like the Atrix is a better device for business with it's 1GB LP DDR2, choice of multimedia or laptop dock and a power button that also serves as a fingerprint reader (per engadget).

The Bionic looks to be better for the average user with larger 4.3" screen, 512MB of unspecified DDR2, 8MP camera and HDMI out on the device itself.

Looking at both phones, this would be a good way to describe them. I would love to see some Droid commercials for the Atrix...lol