Droid Bionic [ROM] AOKP Kang Jelly Bean on Droid Bionic!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

You may not know this but there is still some great development happening on the Droid Bionic! Most of the development has gone "underground". Not really but for the most part it has not been posted much to the super popular forums. Developer "Dhacker" is still busting out development for this device and many others. He has some stable builds out for newer devices like the Droid Razr and SGSIII, however he has labeled his Bionic development folder on his Rom server as "donttweetmeaboutthisstuff". So flashing his Bionic Roms is like swimming at the pool when the life guard is away, do it at your own risk. He now has a build of AOKP Build 1 Jelly Bean booting on the Droid Bionic. There is no changelog posted for this build, so it is not clear exactly what is working and what is not. The exciting part is that you can now experience Jelly Bean on the Bionic! Phone, and sms seem to be working however it can be a tedious task to get data going for now. To get data you will need to toggle airplane mode on, go to mobile network settings and choose gsm only, go back to network settings and toggle airplane mode on and off a few times quickly, with airplane mode off quickly go back into Mobile Network settings and select LTE/CDMA/EVDO/WCDMA, then hit the home button, then if data doesn't turn on immediately toggle lte off and back on. As you can see this may not be a daily driver for most, but it is nice to see continued development on what has been the redheaded stepchild of Motorola!

It should be noted that this Rom is in no way supported by the developer so he wont be able to respond to any Bug Reports. Also this requires Kexec so you will need to have SafeStrap 2.11 with Kexec support installed!

Download link via RomB***h.com

swimmerkratzy

Reaction score
jelly bean upgrade questions

So I have attempted to flash the red head jelly bean rom, and the flash completed but the phone won't boot past the loading screen with spinning blue circle.

I also can't seem to boot into clockwork mod recovery any more to install my clockwork mod recovery image that I created of my ice cream sandwich system.

Now I'm stuck.

I'd like to either go forward to this AOKP Kang jelly bean rom or the red head rom, or I'll even take reloading my clockwork mod recovery image, but right now I'm stuck.

I have downloaded the safestrap 2.11 apk but don't know how to get it flashed, I'v also downloaded the bionic boostrap apk but don't know how to get it flashed.

If I could boot into anything other then the moto boot loader I'd be okay........

Any support to point in the direction of another posting that I hav'nt been able to find would be appreciated.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
To get data you will need to toggle airplane mode on, go to mobile network settings and choose gsm only, go back to network settings and toggle airplane mode on and off a few times quickly, with airplane mode off quickly go back into Mobile Network settings and select LTE/CDMA/EVDO/WCDMA, then hit the home button, then if data doesn't turn on immediately toggle lte off and back on.

You've brought some serious laughter to my day. Thank you.