Droid Bionic browser benchmarked, numbers look impressive!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Droid Bionic browser benchmarked, numbers look impressive

Droid Bionic Stock Android 2.3.4
The Bionic looks like it does a fine job handling it's business. Compared to a fully stock Android 2.3.4build on the Nexus One (it's not even rooted!), the Bionic beats the score hands down, even while running out of the box stock with all the Blur bells and whistles. The Person that is running this lives in a 3G area only and The Bionic is still putting up impressive scores. We should expect this based on the new hardware, but it sure is nice to see it in handy picture form.

Source

darkmatter

Reaction score
All else being equal, we know the omap4 will process data faster than other chipsets. As evidenced by the D3/Tbolt/iPhone4 wifi comparo. The d3 won every test (except the flash one, which the iphone won for obvious reasons.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

sk102704

Reaction score
Droid Bionic browser benchmarked, numbers look impressive

Droid Bionic Stock Android 2.3.4
The Bionic looks like it does a fine job handling it's business. Compared to a fully stock Android 2.3.4build on the Nexus One (it's not even rooted!), the Bionic beats the score hands down, even while running out of the box stock with all the Blur bells and whistles. The Person that is running this lives in a 3G area only and The Bionic is still putting up impressive scores. We should expect this based on the new hardware, but it sure is nice to see it in handy picture form.

Source

Bwordly over at AC forums did another video of a new benchmark browser test where he scored over 53,000!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
In comparison my 5yr old laptop with Chrome just scored 350,087. My Droid 1 running LFY V1.95 at 1.1ghz scored 29,385.

Smartphone browsers have a long way to go yet IMO.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Interesting, never ran BrowserMark. My stock DX that I picked up used off ebay back in March scored 30917.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just scored 929k on my computer heh. Only 19k on my OG.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Liderc, what kind of computer setup do you have? Nearly a million is pretty impressive, sir!

SANhacker

Reaction score
Just curious. Why was it being benchmarked on 3G ?
I'm currently getting 560,000 on my computer over my DSL connection.
Wouldn't this phone measure similarly on a 4G network ?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the supposed to measure??? I'm not one for benchmarks because they show numbers but they don't always show performance.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Took some crappy pics of mine just for proof:

OG Droid (CM7, 1ghz med vol chevy)

Wifi (43423):

3G (38528):

That's my point. You are getting similar numbers with an OG Droid.
So what is so impressive about the Bionic numbers ?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's my point. You are getting similar numbers with an OG Droid.
So what is so impressive about the Bionic numbers ?

He also OC'd it and has a custom ROM and kernel on it. Does that make a difference? Who knows....but it isnt a stock Droid 1.

I just tried it on my computer:

I have IE open with the Bionic AR game in a tab, Firefox with 6 tabs open, Chrome with 1 tab

Firefox got 220,000 something, stuttered in some tests...Chrome got 665, 000...ran it smoother.

I have alot of extensions and things in Firefox, not that many in Chrome. Just fired up Opera, got 538,000. Opera ran it the fastest, smoothest. No extensions or things in Opera.

Looking at the post above mine too, its some different variables that can give different scores. I assume the same can be said for phones. Anandtech mentioned for the GS2 some elements of the browser might be gpu accelerated. Probably HTC's too.

This is why benchmarks never tell the entire story. It ran faster and smoother in Opera...but Chrome scored higher.

Last edited:

Tegamal

Reaction score
That was exactly my point. I have a 2 year old device that will get similar numbers, but I KNOW the Bionic will be a much faster & more powerful phone.

Benchmark scores don't mean much at all, still going to be a killer phone!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I used Dolphin Browser HD.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liderc, what kind of computer setup do you have? Nearly a million is pretty impressive, sir!

i7920 OC'd to 4.2Ghz, GTX285 stock, 12gigs 1800mhz DDR3 RAM, 10k Raptor HDD.

Built it a little over 2 years ago.

Couldn't hit 1mil, did some overclocking:

View attachment 39884

Last edited: