Droid Bionic Hands-On Initial Impressions Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;6IHFPdbNBrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IHFPdbNBrg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

MobileBurn have the Droid Bionic, and shared a full hands-on demo video of the device. Their first impressions of the device seem to indicate that it is very much like a Droid X2 except with LTE. They were very happy with the performance of the phone, but didn't share any benchmarks, yet. Here's a few quick quotes from some of their first impressions,
The phone's low weight is enabled, in part, by the lack of metal parts on the BIONIC, which is different from the Motorola DROID phones of the past. The BIONIC is put together well, but it doesn't feel quite as solid as say a DROID X2, and the plastic construction doesn't seem fitting a phone of its stature (or price tag).
They also said,
Performance-wise, the DROID BIONIC is no slouch, thanks to its dual-core, 1GHz OMAP processor and 1GB of RAM. The BIONIC is the first 4G LTE smartphone to launch with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, and it runs Motorola's custom interface on top of that. The interface is very similar to what we saw on the DROID 3, though Motorola has updated and tuned it for better performance on the BIONIC. Motorola's new interface offers a lot of 3D flourishes and effects when panning through home screens, swiping through the app tray, and moving widgets around. These effects are purely for show, and don't really serve any practical purpose, but they didn't seem to slow the phone down at all - at least not so far.
From their initial impressions, the phone is a solid but not stellar device. They seemed impressed with its upload speeds, and they indicated that the 1735mAh battery should give you plenty of juice for normal use. They plan to do a full test and review of the device later. You can see the phone in action yourself in the video above, and part two is below.

[video=youtube;oVbWbWGR9H0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVbWbWGR9H0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Source: BionicForums.net via MobileBurn

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've gotta say this video has me rethinking...again haha. Not impressed at all by what I saw. I mean almost 9 months and there's still lag?? i would wait for the prime but somehow i get the feeling thatll have lag too...

so back to square one on decision making

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Indeed. They went and pulled the Phone when it was "ready" to change things up and now it's going to be released and there is noticeable lag. I dunno. I was REALLY holding out for this phone, sitting on my NE2 but, I think I'm going to wait and at least see what the other new phones bring to the table.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Not a huge wow factor for me either. I have a very fast DroidX and just dont really see any need to get this phone. If it at least had a bit larger 720p display, I would probably get it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that the lag is just because of blur (or whatever Moto wants to call it now)...since it's already rooted, might perform better after Launcherpro

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I'll wait a bit to see the views of people on this forum to see some real world tests. I'm still thinking about getting this though.

Reaction score
It would have been nice if he took a picture with the cam or showed a picture taken to make sure it doesn't take crap pictures like my D2.

Abadus

Reaction score
I think I'll wait a bit to see the views of people on this forum to see some real world tests. I'm still thinking about getting this though.

This my Ne2 is up next month, gives plenty of time for people to root and clean up the phone see how it really performs. And for the price to come down :D

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Far too expen$ive for what I've seen in the vid. Drop it by $150 and it might get my attention.