VIDEO - HTC One M8 Hands On and First Impressions!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XxNPD9vBrFw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNPD9vBrFw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up the HTC One M8 the day after release. So far I have had a pretty good experience with this phone. Check out my first impressions for my thoughts so far on this device.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I dig the M8! And man I like having the power button on top. I always hit mine on accident and hate it on the side.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dig the M8! And man I like having the power button on top. I always hit mine on accident and hate it on the side.

I actually like it on top too. It took me a minute to get use to that though after having the Note 3 for nearly a year.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Soooo....hows the battery life? Are you getting note 3 like battery life?? Getting through a full day? On the charger...how many mah is it? The note 3 was 2000mah and charged pretty fast. How long does it take to charge?
Im rocking the note 3 right now. How's sense? How's the camera? How's signal strength, better/worse? Any bugs?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I can only speak for two days so far.. Yesterday I made it 13hrs and a little.. Till about 7pm.. Two hrs commute listening to music and decent usage.... No where close to my N3.. 2600 mah compared to 3200 mah on N3 though.. Radios are better... Build is great.. Pics are hit or miss but not bad.. charges fast . Sense is simplified... I'm using Nova though

M8 tap

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I can only speak for two days so far.. Yesterday I made it 13hrs and a little.. Till about 7pm.. Two hrs commute listening to music and decent usage.... No where close to my N3.. 2600 mah compared to 3200 mah on N3 though.. Radios are better... Build is great.. Pics are hit or miss but not bad.. charges fast . Sense is simplified... I'm using Nova though

M8 tap
Is the touch to focus more then a gimmick? Not the defocus. But the refocus. How much screen on time?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Is the touch to focus more then a gimmick? Not the defocus. But the refocus. How much screen on time?

Camera features I feel are good... Plenty good options.... I guess depends on situation my results... Here's a few battery shots yesterday and today... I also notice phone doesn't deep sleep.. Sits at 300 low.. Probably bc of tap to turn on feature... Also there's a super power mode not yet on US phones.. You can get emails text and calls only and it's supposed to save tremendous battery while you not using phone much..

View attachment 70209View attachment 70210

M8 tap

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Camera features I feel are good... Plenty good options.... I guess depends on situation my results... Here's a few battery shots yesterday and today... I also notice phone doesn't deep sleep.. Sits at 300 low.. Probably bc of tap to turn on feature... Also there's a super power mode not yet on US phones.. You can get emails text and calls only and it's supposed to save tremendous battery while you not using phone much..

View attachment 70209View attachment 70210

M8 tap
Ouch, alot of users on xda are seeing 6 plus hours screen on time. I hope yours is still being broken in.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ouch, alot of users on xda are seeing 6 plus hours screen on time. I hope yours is still being broken in.

I don't see this phone doing 6hrs screen on.. I don't use wifi.. Maybe they can reach it with it enabled.. I don't have anything running in background either

M8 tap