droid battery used when phone is off

sfstan

Reaction score
at first i thought i was going nuts. i turn my droid off at 9pm (power off) with 60% battery life. the next morning at 7am, the battery is at 20%. this has happened for 3 days in a row. anyone else experience this?

Getaphixx

Reaction score
They're watching J00!!!!!

Haven't turned my phone off... no.. but try and reboot it before you turn it off to get an accurate battery display...

Dr0id battery sucks IMO... and the recharge time sucks even more...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They're watching J00!!!!!

Haven't turned my phone off... no.. but try and reboot it before you turn it off to get an accurate battery display...

Dr0id battery sucks IMO... and the recharge time sucks even more...

yeah comming from a blackberry the droids battery life isnt as good but when i charge i can go from about 20-30% to a complete charge in a hour or two... i havent timed it but it does charge fast ....

OP
S

sfstan

Reaction score
i use "spare parts app" which tells me percentage of battery life. how do you reboot the phone without turning it off and then powering back up?

obrien714

Reaction score
charge time

using the usb to computer really takes a long time to charge,

plug your charger into the wall outlet and it charges fast, like 30 to 45 minutes.

hard to believe the computer wont charge it... it did on all my other phones..

drewshaver

Reaction score
usb 2.0 provides 500 mA of current while the wall charger provides 850. Almost twice as much.

To the original post: Make sure anciallary radios/etc are off, gps, wifi, bluetooth, these may be draining battery

xliderider

Reaction score
My Droid uses almost no battery level overnight while in Standby. My BB 8330 used to drop like a brick, so I usually left it in the charging dock overnight so I would have a full charge the next morning.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
The first day I had horrible battery life, I let the battery run down all the way then charged it from a wall outlet overnight. Since then I've had pretty good battery life.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
Am I the only one that throws his phone on the charger every night?

Droid does so much more than other phones, including several smart phones, I never expected the battery to last more than 1 day on a charge. Because I charge it every night, i have zero problems with battery life.

I'm not somebody that uses the phone constantly like somebody who may use it for business, but I use it about 100x more than I used my blackberry.

OP
S

sfstan

Reaction score
what i am saying is that the battery goes way down when the phone is powered off. could be the battery. i had it replaced today and i will find out in a day or two.

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
I have the same problem dude! I charged it up last night, made sure GPS etc were turned off, and when I woke up today it was at like 10%. Extremely annoying and I have no idea why it's happening.

nite 0wl

Reaction score

Seriously, there is a reason they sell extra chargers and car chargers and what not. Except for a handful of times when I was stuck somewhere overnight unexpectedly I have never not charged my phone overnight, particularly a smart phone.

OP
S

sfstan

Reaction score

Seriously, there is a reason they sell extra chargers and car chargers and what not. Except for a handful of times when I was stuck somewhere overnight unexpectedly I have never not charged my phone overnight, particularly a smart phone.
nite owl. you are missing the point. when the phone is turned OFF, it should not drain the battery dry!

OP
S

sfstan

Reaction score
phone drains battery when powered off

drewshaver. i think everyone here is missing the point. when the phone is powered off, it should not drain the battery. my phone drains the battery faster when it is powered off than when it is in use.

Last edited:

nite 0wl

Reaction score
nite owl. you are missing the point. when the phone is turned OFF, it should not drain the battery dry!

That would depend on whether or not
the phone is actually *off* or in standby. It can also be effected by environmental conditions. It could also be a faulty battery. Either try calling VZW/Motorolla support and ask them or try getting a new battery and charging it properly when you first get it.

Or it could just be that there was more time between when the battery status was checked and when it was turned off.
Also the battery gauge only displays multiples of 10% so it tends to jump.

But seriously, the phone has a battery life of about a day if you use it at all, so just put it on a charger.