Droid battery drains while turned off...wtf?!?

LT*

Reaction score
I never turn off my Droid. I reboot it every couple of days, but other than that, it is powered on. I agree with most here that you should just leave it on the charger overnight. This isn't like a dumb phone, there are processes that will run and data that will sync at all times. Leaving it on the charger at night will assure a full battery when you need it in the morning.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Maybe people are thinking you can over-charge the battery? Or that the phone needs a break from being on?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Why do you take your fully charged phone off the charger? Why not just leave it on the charger all night until you need to use your phone? Among other things, when you power your phone back on, all your net-aware apps go into a panic data out of date mode that sucks on your 3G connection pretty hard. You could be keeping that info up to date on AC power.

I've done exactly this since I got my Droid, and I have battery performance that matches my expectations based on using smartphones for years. I charge every night, I leave it on the dock all night, and if I beat the crap out of it, I can expect a battery warning around 8pm. If not, I'm docking it with 60% remaining at midnight.

Idk, I feel it might be better for the phone. Often I do just let it sit on the charger overnight but for some reason got into the habbit of turning it off for a few mins after charged but I guess you are right maybe I should just leave it it on. But I've been so concerned with battery ro begin with I've figured Id get a better reading out of usage from startup but maybe wouldn't makke a difference. My battery usage isn't beijg read correct anyway. It no longer shows percentage for all apps. Anyone know why this might be?
Anyway I think the draining problem is gone now.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Sorry for spelling n grammar typing from my phone. The phone draining while of cuda just been a bug from the rom I was using

tcstakes

Reaction score
I have been through three replacement phones because of this problem. None of them were rooted and all did it to varying degrees even after a factory reset. The problem was consistent and I even left my phone at Verizon overnight so they could see for themselves (they didn't believe me). Before they switched out the battery the phone was completely dead by morning.

I first noticed it when backpacking and turning off the phone (completely powered off) to save the battery for when it was needed. Little did I know that leaving it on used less battery power (10% overnight). The worst lost 40% charge overnight on a new battery. I finally received one that holds it's charge and hope it stays that way.