Droid 4 Utility Updated

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I suspect your file might be corrupt or is not for 211. If you try again and it still fails then you are going to have to put a fresh file on your sdcard. Which you can't do with the current state of the phone. If you have a card reader adapter or another phone you can do it that way.

Last edited:

Giroux28

Reaction score
THANK GOD, applying update in recovery now... i dunno how this all works but if im truly upgraded to 211 and kept my root and all my data and **** ima be highly impressed!

Giroux28

Reaction score
yes! i already got the correct file on my sd using old phone and its applying now... see^^

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did you edit the script? I would be suprised if you kept root, fasbooting GB overwrites the system, but the tool will root the ICS too. Glad to hear you go past that error hope all is good.

Giroux28

Reaction score
Did you edit the script? I would be suprised if you kept root, fasbooting GB overwrites the system, but the tool will root the ICS too. Glad to hear you go past that error hope all is good.

i edited the script and took those 2 red lines out, does this mean ill keep all my stuff but will have to reroot with tool?

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't really know. I am certainly not an expert on this stuff. I took all the scripts from other tools and just made a few changes. Then finished it up mostly through trial and error.

Giroux28

Reaction score
it wont root my phone dude i dunno what im doing wrong, this isnt complicated, i dont get it! ugh!!!

Giroux28

Reaction score
i got it rooted finally but now the only thing is i cant install recovery... i had installed safestrap 2.0 on 208 and it worked so i could make a backup, with 211 i cannot successfully install recovery, says it does it, even says with superuser permission, but it doesnt install the recovery console... dont get it!

Giroux28

Reaction score
well 1. i had it working perfect with 208 and never had busybox, and 2. i actrually have busy box instaled now and safestrap still aint installin recovery console

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hmm wonder if that has anything to do with the script change. I installed safestrap and recovery just to be sure it worked before I posted the tool.

If any of you trying to download I had some issue setting up the links in gdrive. I just never used it for file sharing before but all should be good now.

Giroux28

Reaction score
I just got it all figured out finally and am making my backup now! :) thanks!