Droid 3 Tips and Tricks

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Double tap home

Just realized this, if you do a quick slide up from the bottom of the screen it will being up your 5 home screens to select from(Like sense and the pinch)

You can achieve the same by pressing the "home" button.

If you are off the middle home screen, pressing home will take you there first so be aware that you may need to press Home twice to bring it up. Don't know if the quick slide up from the bottom works from any screen.

Not using Blur right now, but doesn't double-tapping home get you to voice command? It does on Launcher Pro and was one of the things I tested. On Launcher Pro, if you are not on the primary home screen, pressing home gets you the desktop previews.

aramos87

Reaction score
For most alternate launchers, there is a home button action setting that can be changed to make the home button do what you want it to (of the options provided by each launcher of course).

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the features I've picked up:

You can force the car mode, which is not stock android, but does have nice phone view, and a special music layer.

While in car mode it will prompt you to say LISTEN if you want it to read the new text or email recieved (i'm sure there are other neat features here)

Music on lockscreen and has album art too (i think only stock player)

While in call, status bar changes colors

Dropdown notifications have buttons, for example, stock phone app you can end call from status bar, stock msging or email u can clear individual notifications etc.

The programming menu I would leave alone, P_rev 9, while having a higher number, gave me issues with BT stereo in my car, woudln't autoconnect and d3 gave me a notificaiton that I cuold not use my stereos controls to pause/play, skip song etc - and it was right.. returned to rev 6 and all was well.

that's all i got for now... enjoy

militant

Reaction score
Not sure if this is new or qualifies as a tip, but I'll give it a go:

Pressing and holding the Volume Up button also turns on the screen if you don't like pressing the power button.

*Edit/update* nevermind, it doesn't work all the time.

I discovered this today myself. It's weird that it worked for awhile and then stopped working...and then started working again. I wonder what makes it work/not work. I like the feature (If it wasn't random).

I think it has a time-out feature that allows you to do it once in a while, in case the device is pocketed to keep the screen from constantly coming on.

LT*

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but you can use the side scrolling app "drawer" from Moto with Launcher pro. Just long press the app drawer on LP chose change shortcut, then chose App Groups. You can chose from all, most recent or any of your app groups.

ETA: After playing with this for a bit, it seems that after doing anything memory intensive, the Blur drawer has to rebuild. Kind of annoying.

Last edited:

Tepes

Reaction score
Here are the features I've picked up:

You can force the car mode, which is not stock android, but does have nice phone view, and a special music layer.

While in car mode it will prompt you to say LISTEN if you want it to read the new text or email recieved (i'm sure there are other neat features here)

Music on lockscreen and has album art too (i think only stock player)

While in call, status bar changes colors

Dropdown notifications have buttons, for example, stock phone app you can end call from status bar, stock msging or email u can clear individual notifications etc.

The programming menu I would leave alone, P_rev 9, while having a higher number, gave me issues with BT stereo in my car, woudln't autoconnect and d3 gave me a notificaiton that I cuold not use my stereos controls to pause/play, skip song etc - and it was right.. returned to rev 6 and all was well.

that's all i got for now... enjoy

Krazy, how do you force the car mode? I don't have any icons for car dock and don't yet have the new car dock for the D3. I even loaded the old Car Home apk from Droid Life, which installed fine, but also will not show up in my app drawer. Is it possibly because I am using Go Launcher, that somehow it is preventing me from seeing these? I always liked having the ability to go to Car Dock on my D1 without having it in a dock. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Krazy, how do you force the car mode? I don't have any icons for car dock and don't yet have the new car dock for the D3. I even loaded the old Car Home apk from Droid Life, which installed fine, but also will not show up in my app drawer. Is it possibly because I am using Go Launcher, that somehow it is preventing me from seeing these? I always liked having the ability to go to Car Dock on my D1 without having it in a dock. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

I'm currently using Car Mode by IG88 Apps

pistacio

Reaction score
If you have launcherpro installed, hold on your homescreen, press shortcuts, activites...it will give you access to some hidden actions, included home and car dock modes.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

pistacio

Reaction score
...even found a SIM Unlock menu :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

kcg75007

Reaction score
How do you use the programming menu to remove stock games?

Ill start

Service Menu Still works (Not sure if anyone ever needed to use this anyways)

##PROGRAM

SPC Password: 000000

*Remove Stock Games (NOVA and Lets golf, they take up 250mb+ of Space) unless you want them.

*Extended Battery is worth the money and adds no bulkiness or weight what do ever.

How do you remove the stock games from this point?