Droid 3 OTA failed

negropy

Reaction score
I just downloaded the OTA and it failed to install. I'm rooted but put all bloat back. This is depressing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

jmorgania

Reaction score
Are you part of the soak test or is the update finally starting to roll out to all?

jmorgania

Reaction score
Nevermind my other question. I found my answer when I checked for an update on my phone and was pleased to see the update ready to download. Installing now.

pistacio

Reaction score
OP
N

negropy

Reaction score
Thanks ndoren and pistacio. Must have done something stupid. Not working
For me, I think I'll have to restore using p3droid's fastboot file. I only froze stuff and used p3's bloat removal. I restored though. Guess should pay more attention next time

nu2droid

Reaction score
Have the same issue here. I got the notification, and I put back all the bloatware using the script from xda. (I never removed or froze anything on my own. I let the scripts do it the hole way.)
Tried to install and failed.
Unrooted via the one click, tried to installand failed.
I double checked, all the bloat was renamed back to .apk. Rebooted and battery pulled multiple times. No good.
Ideas?

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Have the same issue here. I got the notification, and I put back all the bloatware using the script from xda. (I never removed or froze anything on my own. I let the scripts do it the hole way.)
Tried to install and failed.
Unrooted via the one click, tried to installand failed.
I double checked, all the bloat was renamed back to .apk. Rebooted and battery pulled multiple times. No good.
Ideas?

Too weird that everyone is having this issue, has to be an .apk that is being missed by the script.. I wish I had a solution but I didn't have problems, I backloaded the leak.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nu2droid

Reaction score
After the script I even went back and looked for anymore ".bak"s and found one. FOTA. Changed it and tried again with no luck.

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
After the script I even went back and looked for anymore ".bak"s and found one. FOTA. Changed it and tried again with no luck.

Hmm. Are you getting an error message? What its your version information from about my phone at the bottom of settings? I can tell you if there is something awry.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Hmm. Are you getting an error message? What its your version information from about my phone at the bottom of settings? I can tell you if there is something awry.

Well, I have successfully got the update.
I had to re-root and reinstall the recovery from hashcode. (I remembered that I made a nandroid before de-bloating). I ran the restore and everything worked perfectly.
Rerooted and everythings good.
I guess somewhere over the past week or two something got corrupt causing the failure.... go figure.
Thanks though

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Well, I have successfully got the update.
I had to re-root and reinstall the recovery from hashcode. (I remembered that I made a nandroid before de-bloating). I ran the restore and everything worked perfectly.
Rerooted and everythings good.
I guess somewhere over the past week or two something got corrupt causing the failure.... go figure.
Thanks though

No problem. Glad it worked finally!