getting Logwrapper error when trying to update to JB

xmguy

Reaction score
My phone is stock except for root and ota root keeper. No deleted bloat ware. All frozen apps in titanium backup have been unfrozen. However I get the log wrapper error and the update fails. Says patch something. Not sure . I also unrooted in ota before updating still failed. Ideas. Dont want to sbf to stock

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmmm... are you 100% positive all apps were restored before trying...?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

studentbridges23

Reaction score
Try....

My phone is stock except for root and ota root keeper. No deleted bloat ware. All frozen apps in titanium backup have been unfrozen. However I get the log wrapper error and the update fails. Says patch something. Not sure . I also unrooted in ota before updating still failed. Ideas. Dont want to sbf to stock

I have the same issue. The following steps usually work for me:

Removing Bootstrap Recovery:
1. Uninstall the bootstrap app (If you haven't done so already)
2. Go into root explorer to system/bin
3. In top right corner tap r/w to enable write permissions.
4. Delete the file called hijack
5. Delete logwrapper
6. Rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
7. Reboot[FONT=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif].

----- This is the basic steps, i've had to do this with the ICS update on my bionic, and now I'm having the same issue on my Razr HD MAXX.

You can try the steps above, however if any other experts come in the meantime, the above options were not enough.

I had safestrap installed, uninstalled, performed steps. I have jrummys toolbox installed, and defrosted all frozen apps. I temp unrooted using voodo, I even as last resort deleted the cache and did a factory reset. Still same error.

Help?[/FONT]

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
GoCliffGo05 said:
Hmmm... are you 100% positive all apps were restored before trying...?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Yep I am.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
studentbridges23 said:
I have the same issue. The following steps usually work for me:

Removing Bootstrap Recovery:
1. Uninstall the bootstrap app (If you haven't done so already)
2. Go into root explorer to system/bin
3. In top right corner tap r/w to enable write permissions.
4. Delete the file called hijack
5. Delete logwrapper
6. Rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
7. Reboot.

----- This is the basic steps, i've had to do this with the ICS update on my bionic, and now I'm having the same issue on my Razr HD MAXX.

You can try the steps above, however if any other experts come in the meantime, the above options were not enough.

I had safestrap installed, uninstalled, performed steps. I have jrummys toolbox installed, and defrosted all frozen apps. I temp unrooted using voodo, I even as last resort deleted the cache and did a factory reset. Still same error.

Help?

I'll give that a try thank you!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
did it work?

It did with horrible consequences. See my JB Phone FC thread. All my phone and google related apps Force Close. I cleared the Cache nothing. I'm fixing to downgrade back to ICS. Unless someone has a fix that doesn't involve me flashing to stock.

studentbridges23

Reaction score
Force Closes....Last resort, etc...

Always do a backup! :)
For everyone's reference, Just in case I'm not the only one having these issues:

Looks like there's an issue with force closes. I was able to load a stock image, restore a backup that I made before I made all the changes, updated to JB, but kept getting force closes, and "Unfortunately, Motorola Services has stopped" continuously.
--After performing a factory reset, with jellybean, everything went back to normal. Before I reset, I ended up just having to just back up my apps and data the best I could using My Backup Pro... Titanium should work just as well.. and restore them again.

Voodoo root keeper says the phone is rooted, and a backup copy is still available, but SU is not appearing on any root apps, so it did still lose some form of root.

So far I've read that there's not a way to root JB on the razr hd just yet..?

Anyways, as a last resort, in summary, what worked for me is flashing a stock rom using the link below. Like I said, I didn't have any luck restoring my backup data, then upgrading to JB, i just had to bite the bullet and update to JB straight from the stock rom I flashed, and restore apps manually.
You can't update to JB just yet, as there is a 6mb update that your phone downloads first, THEN the JB update follows. This worked without issues for me.

Restore to stock factory firmware and unroot Droid RAZR HD & Maxx HD (XT926) | AndroMods

The methods I've used I've found over the web, and put them here on this post. If you find any of this helpful be sure to give me a thumbs up or whatever you guys call it these days :p

Last edited:
OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Always do a backup! :)
For everyone's reference, Just in case I'm not the only one having these issues:

Looks like there's an issue with force closes. I was able to load a stock image, restore a backup that I made before I made all the changes, updated to JB, but kept getting force closes, and "Unfortunately, Motorola Services has stopped" continuously.
--After performing a factory reset, with jellybean, everything went back to normal. Before I reset, I ended up just having to just back up my apps and data the best I could using My Backup Pro... Titanium should work just as well.. and restore them again.

Voodoo root keeper says the phone is rooted, and a backup copy is still available, but SU is not appearing on any root apps, so it did still lose some form of root.

So far I've read that there's not a way to root JB on the razr hd just yet..?

Anyways, as a last resort, in summary, what worked for me is flashing a stock rom using the link below. Like I said, I didn't have any luck restoring my backup data, then upgrading to JB, i just had to bite the bullet and update to JB straight from the stock rom I flashed, and restore apps manually.
You can't update to JB just yet, as there is a 6mb update that your phone downloads first, THEN the JB update follows. This worked without issues for me.

Restore to stock factory firmware and unroot Droid RAZR HD & Maxx HD (XT926) | AndroMods

The methods I've used I've found over the web, and put them here on this post. If you find any of this helpful be sure to give me a thumbs up or whatever you guys call it these days :p

That's exactly what I ended up doing. I flashed BACK to ICS then up to the update then flashed the JB all in stock. Had OTA rootkeeper and Binaries updated. Then I restored my apps within Titianium Backup.

studentbridges23

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to get root back once you have jelly bean? It looks like I may have to try again to flash back to stock ICS and try to keep root... etc. I thought I kept root, it still shows su backup in voodoo, but I can't restore it.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to get root back once you have jelly bean? It looks like I may have to try again to flash back to stock ICS and try to keep root... etc. I thought I kept root, it still shows su backup in voodoo, but I can't restore it.

This took me a few tries too. I just made sure to update the binaries in the Superuser app and then temp unroot with OTA rootkeeper before upgrading to the first small update then I verify I still have root then temp unroot again and update to JB.

smegun

Reaction score
logwrapper bionic

seems to work well that is root browser will remove and modify the logwrapper files uncanny because I have a problem mounting my sd as not mounted :icon_ devil:
and root browser dosnt encounter an error CAUTION going back to Ginger is a No No waiting for Linux distro to get past boot loader changes