OTA error needs Backup Assitant installed JB Moto Razr HD to 9.18.79

emarioc

Reaction score
Hi, did a lot of troubleshooting and found that I when trying to install OTA after doing a temp unroot using Vood Doo I was getting an error but could not tell what the error was.. So I then attempted to update from the SD the 9.18.79 on my JB 4.1.2 it shows and error as it is looking for Backup Assistant. I can only assume I removed it using TB. Did not intent too, but its gone!

Can anyone provide help to obtain these two apk's and install them so I do not have to wipe and reset to factory.

BackupAssistentClient.apk and BauContactAdapter.apk

TY!

OP
emarioc

emarioc

Reaction score
Thank you. I changed permission on /system folder to be rw placed the files there and attempted to install. Install fails... any ideas?

TY!

zombiacademy

Reaction score
Thank you. I changed permission on /system folder to be rw placed the files there and attempted to install. Install fails... any ideas?

TY!

I'm having the same issue, with the exception that my "missing files" were Guidedtour....Did find the radio update, but the phone keeps looking for the OTA update to run....would LIKE to run 9.18, but apparently can't with the missing file/rooted/unlocked phone. Hoping someone can figure it out

OP
emarioc

emarioc

Reaction score
Zombiacademy, at a loss on how to move forward. I can't get the APK to install. Not sure how to more forward. I am trying to avoid a Factor Reset.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

TY!

try putting it on your sd card then change the permissions to - - - rwx r-x and see if it will install.

edit: this ^^^ is not correct, disregard

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

TY!

im not positive but i think i was a little off on my instruction.
i think you just need to put the files in the system folder, change the file permission to rw- r-- r--, then reboot.
you dont have to manually install it if im correct.

zombiacademy

Reaction score
im not positive but i think i was a little off on my instruction.
i think you just need to put the files in the system folder, change the file permission to rw- r-- r--, then reboot.
you dont have to manually install it if im correct.

I think he meant the OTA install failed again.....same happened to me when I replaced the files it claimed I was missing.

KaChow

Reaction score
If I could recommend, please read this Post; I have included a great deal of information on the OTA, solutions, installation, Root, Non-Root, Unlocked Bootloaders, and much more.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I think he meant the OTA install failed again.....same happened to me when I replaced the files it claimed I was missing.

yea i got that, i believe i was giving some incorrect direction and was just trying to remedy that.