Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
-__-

• Running X-Mas JB Leak
• Rooted
• 98.72.8.XT912

Got the OTA update, tried to install, failed.

VooDoo RootKeep temp-unroot, tried to install OTA update, failed.

VooDoo RootKeep temp-unroot, tried to install downloaded JB .zip in Recovery, failed.

Used Matt's Razr Utility 1.90, followed all directions under the "X-Mas Leak to JB" section, failed.

I was then told there would be errors updating if I messed with any stock apps using Titanium Backup. Sooo I put everything back the way it was. Re-installed and unfroze every app, tried to update using the aforementioned attempts, failed.

Got annoyed, FRD'd phone, lost root, then tried the same attempts, failed again.

Now I'm everything I first mentioned but without root.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Just downloaded Matt's DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean utility, could this work?

doc_b

Reaction score
Why no comments? I don't understand! I am having the same issue. No one helps. I hope someone figures this out

avenged61973

Reaction score
I am not 100% positive but I do believe you can use matts utility to upgrade.

Ate you absolutely positive all apps are enabled and not frozen?

When does the update fail?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Likwid_E

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Count your blessings. The Xmas mistake is more stable than the final build.
Never rooted my phone so can't help you out there.

Somebody else told me the same thing! Is the final build really not worth all this trouble? I'm fine on the X-Mas leak. I'm just sick of getting the OTA update notification every day. I have to keep hitting "Install later" to prolong it.

I am not 100% positive but I do believe you can use matts utility to upgrade.

Ate you absolutely positive all apps are enabled and not frozen?

When does the update fail?

When I try installing in Recovery, the error says,

-- Install /sdcard . . .
Finding update package . . .
Opening update package . . .
Verifying update package . . .
Installing update . . .
Verifying current system . . .
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/YouTube.
apk" . "ea8c20b9de2326d1a406241585e1f96bfa0f3b7e" . "bfb
506e0d8a2fbff355b94c379b063e282e3")
Installation aborted.

Then I have to boot normally. I don't understand why it's naming YouTube.apk specifically- it's installed and running perfectly just fine. I did, however, have it deleted using Titanium Backup. Once I saw the error message, I installed it again, but get the same error every time I try to update.

When I try installing using the OTA update, it'll download, reboot my phone, seems like everything worked then a notification pops up outta nowhere saying "Update failed!".

avenged61973

Reaction score
Try using titanium backup to convert you tube as a system app. If you downloaded it from Google play it is now a user app and should be a system app.

Open titanium backup go into backup and restore scroll to you tube, tap on you tube and the menu will come up. Scroll to the left for special features. It should be the last selection to convert to system app. This only works with the paid version.