Unable to Update to 98.72.16. XT912 From 98.72.8. XT912

doc_b

Reaction score
I have my Phone Rooted and I have JB 4.1.2 System ver. 98.72.8. XT912 installed.
I am trying to install the Motorola update ver. 98.72.16. XT912. I am unsure on if it is even worth the Trouble to do the update. I unrooted and still unable to update.

If it is worth the trouble it to update? If so how do I do it.
If it is not worth the trouble to do the update how do I stop turn the update off. Thanks

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
I had the same problem in taking the ota. So I used rsd lite on my computer and flashed 98.72.16 to my razr maxx that way. Have you ever used rsd lite to do this?

dsdroid

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken "8" is the update for ICS to JB. While "16" is JB. So that is why Iit will not update. If I'm right there is nothing to gain.

deduct

Reaction score
The only thing to be gained really by going to .16 for now is being able to run custom ROMs that only support that system version. I actually used the compatibility utility to get back to .8 so I can run eclipse jb. So if your phone is performing just fine on .8 then don't worry about it.

OP
D

doc_b

Reaction score
I had the same problem in taking the ota. So I used rsd lite on my computer and flashed 98.72.16 to my razr maxx that way. Have you ever used rsd lite to do this?

No I have Not used RSD Lite. I may have to get back with you if I have any problems

GotnFX

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken "8" is the update for ICS to JB. While "16" is JB. So that is why Iit will not update. If I'm right there is nothing to gain.

Actually 8 was a leak JB..16 is the official JB OTA. Most people who have 8 either got it by accident during Christmas or side loaded it. 16 is the actually JB update to those who were on ICS and never received 8.

jjohnson1485

Reaction score
ok, so i tried the ota update to 16 from 8...failed:mad:. Tried loading it through recovery...failed:mad::mad:, but got info wh:icon_ devil:y---->>>

View attachment 62314

how do i fix this, or where can i find the file to side load it through rsdlite???