OTA update failed

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
im doing the fastboot now, hopefully that works! so after its done fastbooting, i will lose root? so i should re root, OTA rootkeeper, then update to 7.48, then make sure i still have the ota rootkeeper backup, then update again, then restore root?

Reaction score
im doing the fastboot now, hopefully that works! so after its done fastbooting, i will lose root? so i should re root, OTA rootkeeper, then update to 7.48, then make sure i still have the ota rootkeeper backup, then update again, then restore root?

You can root on 744 and use rout keeper through updates to 748 and 173 or you can wait until you are in 748, then root and root keeper before going 173.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Failed on me as well (5 times). Even factory won't fix it. Very strange.....

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
i fastbooted, and the 748 update installed fine, im hoping since it had no problem installing that update, that it will have no problem with the next update!

eidian

Reaction score
i fastbooted, and the 748 update installed fine, im hoping since it had no problem installing that update, that it will have no problem with the next update!

You should be fine.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
success! updated to .173 and restored root no problems! ...1 thing that keeps messing me up is when i hit the menu button from the home screen "settings" is on the opposite side as it used to be and "search" is in its place so i keep accidentally going to search instead of settings lol

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
i thought this update was supposed to fix the force close when you push the search button from the app drawer? mine still FCs...and i thought it was supposed to improve 4g in low signal areas? im getting 2 bars of 4g and its only getting 2mbps download speed? wth...?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I guess ill try that...what does fastbooting exactly do then? I thought it just reverted it back to out of the box condition...i use safestrap so i just tried uninstalling safestrap and temporary unroot...still failed!

Only if you do a factory reset afterwards.

Reaction score
i thought this update was supposed to fix the force close when you push the search button from the app drawer? mine still FCs...and i thought it was supposed to improve 4g in low signal areas? im getting 2 bars of 4g and its only getting 2mbps download speed? wth...?

No the fc in app drawer is in this build. The next update to 174 fixes that. The leak is out but the ota won't be posted until probably early March.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
So if i did a factory reset i would get better 4g speeds? Man! I dont wana do a reset but the speed would b nice lol

quinejh

Reaction score
ok, can anyone answer this question? My razor was rooted but running factory rom, last night I tried to install the ota update and it failed 3 times I figured it was because I was using motomizer and a few other apps to manage system memory and files so I ran a factory reset, this morning I tried to install the update again and still no luck. I have only factory software on it this morning so I don't know if I lost root or not, but I would assume I did but either way I have been told the root shouldn't matter for the update. any ideas as to why I can't get this? and then for that matter is the update even worth it cause as soon as I find a good reliable smooth running rom I plan to flash. but this is begginning to make me think I may not even be able to install a rom if the system doesn't allow it. Also another thought I had is when I rooted before I has usb debugging checked and it still is do I need to uncheck it?

quinejh

Reaction score
well now this is something I didn't count on I was going through my phone apps and super user is still installed, this has to be the only thing I can thing of as to why I can't install the update. so is it safe to uninstall it? or will it get mad and say " I'll show you" and brick my phone?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What do you mean by "factory"?

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems
Factory reset I intended to say :)

Since I had to fastboot all the way back to stock I decided to use this utility (for testing purposes) It worked flawless and I'm up and running on .173.

It's so easy your dog could use it :)

Reaction score
well now this is something I didn't count on I was going through my phone apps and super user is still installed, this has to be the only thing I can thing of as to why I can't install the update. so is it safe to uninstall it? or will it get mad and say " I'll show you" and brick my phone?

Having super user installed will not impact your ability to update. Whether you remember it not, there must be something missing from your phone our something was changed that is preventing the update. Your best option is to flash the fast boot files with rsd back to stock 744. Then you can take the ota for 748, root your phone (if you want root), then download root keeper to preserve root, then take the ota for 173.

So far, I have not heard of a single person who was not able to update to 173 after they followed these steps.