Droid 3 not charging at times

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello there.

There's been a least two occasions in which I plug in my Droid to charge at night, before bedtime, and everything indicates that it's charging normally (which is quite easy to tell), only to turn up battery-dead-as-can-be in the middle of my sleep hours. Recently that messed up my day because the alarm didn't go off as usual and I woke up an hour late. I can't take any more chances: I recently had to buy an extra alarm clock just as a backup.]

I doubt it's my charger to blame, because at night everything seems perfectly normal, and it usually is -- except for those few occasions; and I don't wanna return it to get a refurb'ed one.

Has any of you gone through this? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks in advance,

Rocky

P.S. Please don't tell me maybe I kicked the charger at night while dreaming of being the new Karate Kid or something. I'm sensitive. :p

Reaction score
It might. Be your charger. Min did the same thing with 2 chargers these two chargers had worked before but stoped. I switched to a different oneand its worked ever since it might not be. That but I've herd of others doing the same. Worth a try

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
It might. Be your charger. Min did the same thing with 2 chargers these two chargers had worked before but stoped. I switched to a different oneand its worked ever since it might not be. That but I've herd of others doing the same. Worth a try

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Thanks again (after a decade). The charger hasn't acted up ever since, but I bought a spare one, just in case.

REMilk

Reaction score
I find that my Droid 3 is very sensitive to the USB charging connector. I make sure I hear a 'click' when I plug in the cable. If I do not hear the 'click', even though the cable appears to be fully seated it is not.

Bob

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I find that my Droid 3 is very sensitive to the USB charging connector. I make sure I hear a 'click' when I plug in the cable. If I do not hear the 'click', even though the cable appears to be fully seated it is not.

Bob
That's why I got the LightFlow app, so I can see a certain LED color blinking when charging and another when fully charged. Can't trust it blindly no more -- especially when it doesn't have a charging light (well, the one it does have only lights up in very rare ocassions).