Shut Down After Full Charge

DylC32A

Reaction score
This just happened last night for the first time, so it's not a lingering issue, I'm just curious as to why it happened.

Basically, I fully charged my Droid last night before I went to sleep and unplugged it from the charger. The last app I remember using was Weather Channel before I stopped playing with it for the night. This morning when I woke up, the phone was turned off and I had to pull the battery to get it to restart. When it restarted, the battery was at 50%.

Is it possible an app got stuck running all night which caused it to shut down and have 50% battery after a full charge? This caused me to miss my alarm, which is why it is a bit concerning, so any help anyone can offer is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bigthinker

Reaction score
It could be possible. I would see what other apps could also be causing the problem...If this has happened only once, you issue may be that the app stayed open all night. Let us know if you have solved the issue. Just curious....WHY don't you leave you phone charging and plugged in all night? :motdroidhoriz:

M

Matth3w

I had this problem one time when I first got the phone, never did figure out what the issue was...hasn't happened again. But scared the **** out of me at the time.

OP
D

DylC32A

Reaction score
WHY don't you leave you phone charging and plugged in all night? :motdroidhoriz:
I'm one of those people that believe it is bad for the battery, I guess :).

And Matth3w, I guess that's a good thing it only happened once. I'll keep my eye on what apps are running and if it happens again (hopefully not...can't keep missing alarms).

M

Matth3w

Nah, it's not bad for the battery. The phone/charger is built so that it automatically cuts power when the phone is charged, so it's not going to overcharge the battery.

bigthinker

Reaction score
DC32, I understand....I would estimate that 75% of all people who have cell phones leave them plugged in during the night especially if they want a fully charged and running machine the next day....Have a great night! Use the AC all night tonight DC!!! Not the air conditioning either...:)