Droid 2 restarts itself after powreing down

OP
E

eliotb

Reaction score
Droid 2 is back to restarting itself after 2.3.4 update

Yes. Just received the OTA update to 2.3.4 on morning of 4/16. According to what I read online this is intended to fix the problem. Very happy Google decided to fix this issue. It's gone on too long...

As discussed earlier in this thread, the recent OTA update to GB 2.3.4 seemed to fix the restart after power down problem. It worked fine since then until the past couple of weeks. Now my D2 is back to randomly restarting itself after power down, and it's draining battery overnight from 90% down to 40%. Anyone else who downloaded 2.3.4 experiencing restarts?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
As discussed earlier in this thread, the recent OTA update to GB 2.3.4 seemed to fix the restart after power down problem. It worked fine since then until the past couple of weeks. Now my D2 is back to randomly restarting itself after power down, and it's draining battery overnight from 90% down to 40%. Anyone else who downloaded 2.3.4 experiencing restarts?

Eliotb: I have not had this happen with my Droid 2 since the update I received on 4/16. Have you tried to clear your phone cache? Don't know if that will help, but my phone was a little sluggish after the update. Cleared the cache and have been fine since. I'm sure you must be upset your phone is doing this again since that particular update was intentionally suposed to fix that problem. However, it doesn't really surprise me after all the previous & current (Wi-Fi still cuts out on mine) issues we've had. I don't know about you, but these issues make me a bit skeptical about signing up to another 2 year commitment with another Android/Motorola phone. I probably will though with all the good reviews on the Droid Razr Maxx. I'm hoping that phone will exceed my expectations for reliability & qualtiy. Hope you get your issue resolved somehow....