Driod 2 Restarts after short Freeze

casi_droid

Reaction score
After I updated my droid 2 to the new system vzw required I am experiencing restarts for no reason. I would try to unlock my phone and it would freeze then restart. I would use various apps and then it would restart. It all started after updating my phone to android version 2.3.3. My phone is also rooted but I never experienced any problems until now. Anyone else having the same problem and know how to fix it?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's happened a couple times to me, but not enough to justify to consider out of the ordinary.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
C

casi_droid

Reaction score
It's happened a couple times to me, but not enough to justify to consider out of the ordinary.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
I wish that was the case for me. It happened 10 times in one week when it started, now its not at much, but it still does it and it is completely annoying, especially if it happens when I answer the phone and it restarts.

GenBen

Reaction score
Mine does it too. It restarts at random, it seems. It happens at least 2-3 times per day. Sometimes it's while unlocking the screen, sometimes while I play games and sometimes while it is in my pocket, in that darkened screen/sleep mode. I'm hoping sombody can shine some light on this problem. Maybe I have (or had) a (or some) malicious app(s) on my phone causing this problem? But I have not edited or changed anything within my phone itself. I had this problem once before and warentied my phone out for a refurb, so unless the refurb had the same problem...? Ideas?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) Make sure your battery is set to performance mode
2) Wipe Cache
3) If that fails, do a factory data reset.

j.desantis16

Reaction score
I just got mine replaced in the mail for my text messaging glitch, and it's power reset itself 4 times in two days. It generally happens when I listen to music and text.

atlninjalo

Reaction score
Mine has had the exact same issue for the last 2+ months. I have done the factory data reset, 3 times actually and this has helped none. I personally wouldn't waste my time doing this again. Mine also powers off when listening to music through the headphone jack. It will be playing just fine and all of a sudden stop and reset.

OP
C

casi_droid

Reaction score
No Solution?

So reading your replies and talking to VZW twice, there seem to be no solution. I'm going to root my phone and maybe find some alternatives. I don't know what is going on, but I do know my cuz is going to help me go back to version before the update if I can't find a solution.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're going to do the necessary steps to SBF you might as well go ahead and try a Factory reset first because you're going to lose all your apps anyway.