Complete restart?? D2

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
After spending countless hours trying to find a way to completely wipe my phone as well as remove root and everything to do with it I've come to the conclusion that its best just to ask. So here it is:

I have a Motorola Droid 2 and after some experimentation with root and root applications my phone has become slow and prone to restart itself. My plan is to completely restart and wipe everything as well as root and everything associated with it. I have found multiple how to's on how one can wipe there phone but theres one problem.. i have linux and the how tos that i have tried to use a windows computer for havent totally reset my phone, all they have done is gotten ride of all my apps - an example of how i know its not totally reset is that i still have a custom boot animation.

So if anyone has a way to accomplish this on linux it would be appreciated if you could post it. Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you just need to do a factory data reset. If you're using a task killer or antivirus don't install them again.

If you still want to remove root there is a new app free in the Market called z4Root. All you do is install it and push back to stock.

OP
X

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you just need to do a factory data reset. If you're using a task killer or antivirus don't install them again.

If you still want to remove root there is a new app free in the Market called z4Root. All you do is install it and push back to stock.

Thanks a lot, but will that remove busybox and everything associated with root as well? I have tried to do a reset through the android recovery mode, but a boot animation still remained. Will this erase everything associated with it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will uninstall everything related to rooting. The Factory Data Reset will clean up all your apps.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it going restore the boot animation to stock as well? That's something i've been curios about.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
X

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
Is it going restore the boot animation to stock as well? That's something i've been curios about.

my phone is currently resetting haha ill let you know

IT DOES NOT RESET THE BOOT ANIMATION.... that makes me think there is still stuff left over from the previous root

gunz.jones

Reaction score
For me it worked to sbf and then factory reset to get the boot animation, boot screen, and system back to stock. Use z4root to root, then remove root to get rid of the su and such....that's if it doesn't get removed after you sbf and wipe.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can do it one of two ways. either go home>menu>settings>privacy and there's an option for factory data reset in there or you can do it by entering the stock recovery. first option is a lot easier but if you're curious, to get in to recovery turn the phone off and then hold the x key on the keyboard and the power button at the same time and continue holding them until you see an exclamation point and then press the magnifying glass on the keyboard. once inside the recovery you navigate with the volume rocker and select with the camera button. i wouldn't mess around in there unless you know what you're doing though.